Chapter 35

• Chapter 35 •

I barely slept. Harry's words about living forever haunted my mind with questions. What does he mean? Is he for real? How did I end up with this maniac? Isn't he scared of death? How does his brain work? Will I survive this?

I kept rolling around in bed, stealing a few good glances at Harry who slept by my side like an angel without a damn in the world. He wasn't stressed at all, which confused me a lot. How can he sleep when the cops are probably searching for us nearby his mansion? We are just two hours away from the house, it's very easy for the police to find us.

He didn't touch me at all, which I was glad for, but also disappointed about...

I was so close to him, I wanted to wrap my arms around his waist and sleep against his firm back, but I resisted. This is what bothers me. He is attracting me way more than I can handle. My mind keeps reminding me to stay away, but whenever we are close, a big part of me wishes to become one with him.

“Get ready,” Harry said the moment he walked inside the room with two shopping bags in his hand, sending me a smirk as he closed the door.

“For what?” I asked, standing by the window with my arms crossed over my chest.

“We’ll go have breakfast, come on.” he tossed the bags on the bed.

Is he for real? How can he be so calm and careless when the cops are probably watching over us?

“How do you even shop without getting caught?” I sent him a weird look and made my way towards the bed.

“I don't, my bodyguards do all the boring shopping.”

“Aren’t you even worried about the cops finding us? Seriously, you being so careless stresses me out.” I said, picking up the bags.

“Come on, trust me a little bit, I know what I'm doing.” he said easily as he made his way to the bed to take a seat.

“No, you're just crazy.” I pointed at him, sending him a serious look.

“Like you aren't.”

I pursed my lips together and nodded, agreeing with him. Who am I to judge?

Still, this whole going out for breakfast idea sounds terrible.

“I'm not in the mood to go outside, Harry.” I stated, dropping the bags on the bed and taking a seat.

“You're doubting me.”

“I have every right to.”

“That's how much you trust me, huh?” he cocked a brow, face switching to angry.

“You're not thinking clearly!” I hissed,  glaring at him. “We should be leaving! Not planning breakfast dates and shit! We are fucking criminals!”

“Wow, so much for considering you fun.” he scoffed, “You're just as boring as Elijah.”

“You're not being logical.”

“Fuck logic! I make the rules!” He shouted, voice ringing through the thin walls.

Before I could reply, the door yanked open, revealing two of Harry's bodyguards, looking stressed. Harry turned around immediately, his shoulders tensing. My stomach tightened with anticipation and fear of what I'll hear.

“Tell me they're here.” Harry said happily, making me look at the back of his head strangely. He can't be serious.

“They are,” The first guard nodded, brown eyes looking momentarily back at me. “Five cars are on the way, we just got the signal.”