Chapter 9

• Chapter 9 •

  Walking over to Cane’s office, I felt completely zoned out. My mind was constantly drifting to Harry and the way I shut him off. He said I'm going to regret what I did, does that mean he's going to order my cell switch and make my life a living hell while I'm still alive in prison?

  Cane had said he is a millionaire gangster leader that has power. I'm certain Harry can ruin whoever he wants in this prison without any obstacle. Should I be worried?

  No.

  I'm not scared of whatever he's planning to do to me. Even if he orders someone to murder me, I'm fine with fighting till my last breath.

  Death seems like a solution in here after all.

  Besides, I'm still going for the electric chair in the end.

  When I approached Cane’s office, a small wave of relief washed through me. At least I'll get to tell someone about what I feel around Harry and get some advices on my relationship with him. Cane knows much more than I do and I trust his knowledge. Stephen knocked on the door twice and Cane called us in.

  Stephen pushed the door open, letting me in. The moment I walked in, my heart dropped to my stomach. Cane was sitting in his chair, a very, complexed, puzzled look on his face, his left hand on the desk, the other holding his familiar gray mug. Across from him, was Harry sitting comfortably, one leg crossed over the other lazily, cuffed hands on his lap. His long curly locks were brushed back, hanging beautifully around his sharp face. His piercing, dark eyes read through me, holding the cruelty behind them. A creased frown on his forehead, lips pursed together. He wasn't excited to see me.

“Rosalia, welcome, how are you feeling?” Cane said casually, offering me a warm smile.

  I cleared my throat and forced a smile as I paced across the room, “I'm fine,” I replied easily.

Harry's eyes burned my face. Stephen closed the door without a word and I took a seat on the comfortable red chair, next to Harry. I crossed my left leg over my right and leaned back, my cuffed hands on my lap, fingers touching instinctively my wedding ring. From the corner of my eye, I saw Harry staring at my ring before he looked away.

“Did you learn that you're not going anywhere?” Cane told me happily, his eyes shining with excitement.

  Harry chuckled lowly from beside me and I fought the urge to roll my eyes. “I did, yes,” I turned to look at Harry, who was giving me a blank look. “Thank you for that.”

  He cocked a brow and looked back at Cane, ignoring me. “When do I start my training?” he asked, his deep voice booming around the room.

  I could hear him talk for hours. Such a manlike, raspy, deep voice, that sends vibrations down my body.

But that cold attitude...I'm certain it's because I rejected him previously, but he doesn't frustrate me this way. He actually amuses me and makes me feel even more attracted to him.

  Cane raised his shoulders, “That's up to your lawyer, Harry, you'll have to discuss that with him.” he replied coolly before looking over at me, “You have blood tests tomorrow morning and then Logan will train you.” he informed me and I smiled.

  “Great.” I beamed, happy that I'm finally starting training again. I had to stop for five months due to a broken arm, but even after I was okay, Logan was too busy to spend time training me and he didn't trust me with any other officer.