Chapter 60

~•~ Chapter 60 ~•~

We lied down, wrapped in silk sheets, legs tangled, my head leaning on his chest, his strong arm hugging my bare back. We stood silent, catching our breaths, taking in the intense moment of pleasure. It was the best moment of my life since I left prison with no doubt as I finally got to feel love through a touch, a kiss and a gaze. His fingers followed a a circular shape all over my back, grazing my skin softly, calming me. I placed a faint kiss on his collarbone, my lips lingering there for a few seconds before I pulled away. Comparing my tattoed fingers on top of his bare skin, it looked as if I'm marking him with my ink.

Time was running by but we didn't seem to care about it. Despite the crisis unravelling outside, we stood still, peaceful, quiet. We didn't have to talk and that was the best thing of all. That comfortable, warm silence that waltzed around us. I wish this moment could last forever but the haunting idea of me running away kept creeping through my mind, reminding me the harsh reality. 

Elijah's phone rang, gaining our attention. He reached over to the bedside table for it, still holding onto me. I furrowed my brows and squinted my eyes at the brightness of the screen as Elijah brought the phone in front of him. My chest tightened at the sight of Harry's name, anxiety rolling through me as fast as a bullet. Elijah pursed his lips, reluctant to answer the call but he had no other choice. He slid his thumb across the screen and brought the phone to his ear.

"What now?" he asked lowly through clenched teeth, showing his annoyance.

"Get the diamonds and leave!" Harry's yell could be heard from where I was lying down at, the intensity in his voice showing something is going on.

Elijah sat up, making me copy him, my frown deepening now. Shit, did he find out about what we just did?  Elijah's brows pulled low over his eyes that stared outside the window with worry, scanning the area. 

"Meeting spot?" he asked, swallowing hard.

"I'll text you the details, is Rosalia still there?"

Elijah and I locked eyes, both of us uncertain of what the right answer would be. Elijah held my gaze, his thumb grazing over my bare hip in a comforting gesture. "Yes." he replied lowly and lowered the phone, pressing the speaker so I could listen clearly, making me shake my head in disapproval. 

"Take her with you, keep her safe." 

My eyes widened to the point I thought they would pop out of their sockets and roll over the sheets. What the hell. This could be a trap for all I know. I pushed away the sheets and got off the bed, knowing that it's time for me to get ready and put my plan into work. Elijah jerked up next to me, raising his hand to gesture to me mutely not to do anything stupid. I started picking up my clothes as Elijah spoke to Harry.

"Are you sure boss? She looks reluctant to follow me." He said in the same blank tone he always uses when he wants to pretend he is careless.

"She trusts you more than she does me, Elijah, we both know that." 

I froze in my tracks, clutching my shirt in my chest, my eyes moving up to meet Elijah's once more. My heart shook painfully in my chest at the truth that Harry just spoke, sounding sad while doing so. The realization that I indeed hurt his feelings brought tears to my eyes as I continued collecting my clothes. My shadow against the wall looked exactly the way I feel inside; hollow, dark. If I want to survive out there, I will have to push away every feeling and idea that reminds me of the past. 

"Hurry up." Harry demanded cooler than before and hung up, his voice already pulling strings to my heart.

I'm going to miss his voice.