Chapter 27

Chapter 27 •

The next morning I woke up by myself to find the spot beside me empty. A strange feeling occurred at the sight of plain white sheets, missing Harry's presence. I must have been asleep too deeply to not feel him get off the bed. I slightly shifted my body, groaning as pain hit me like a truck from head to toe. I slouched down to my pillows and closed my eyes, enjoying the warm, fuzzy feeling in bed a little more.

Last night was nice. Harry joined me in bed, we literally just said how tired we both are and we fell asleep in an instant. I didn't mind his body lying under the same blanket as mine. I could feel the warmth radiating off his body next to me, despite not touching at all. I wonder why he wanted to sleep with me, I never got to ask him but I will today. I want to know the answer to that.

Yesterday was still fresh in my mind. It's still really hard to wrap it around my head. I'm out of prison. I'm in Harry's mansion. I don't know how long it will take for Logan to find me. I don't know when the time will come to walk on my own way and where I'll go. I'm worried about Cane, even though he told me they can't hurt him, I feel anxious about his situation. My chest tightened at the memory of his warm embrace. He might be a scientist but he is stupid enough to deny my proposal on joining me.

I pressed my lips in a flat line in displease. I really wish he would've listened to me. This way, he might would've been next to me now, or we would've been somewhere else together. The second option sounds impossible though, because there is the doubt about Harry's reaction. He shot that guy Zayn for no reason, I don't think he would be happy with Cane, the FBI's physiatrist, being with us.

I rolled out of bed, my body instantly attacked by cold air, making me shiver. I went straight to the bathroom to get ready. After using the toilet, washing hands and face and brushing my teeth with a brand new toothbrush I fished from the dresser, I went back to the closet to search for something to wrap around my body. I pulled out a red robe from its hanger and swiftly put it on. I tied its satin belt around my waist and headed for the door.

As I walked down the marble stairs, I could hear voices coming from the living room. The house wasn't as bright as I expected it to be and that was because of the closed curtains everywhere. A maid walked in front of me, heading towards another room that looked like a dining room. The bright chandelier hanging from the ceiling almost blinded me as I made my way to the living room, where a tall bodyguard dressed in a black suit and white shirt stood by the doorway. He stepped to the side once I reached him without even speaking.

I walked inside, earning everyone's eyes. I felt my heart come up to my throat the moment I saw Harry, sitting on the couch comfortably, wearing a pink suit with a white shirt, matched with a pink belt and black dress shoes. His hair was in perfect loose curls around his head. He had his rings on and a golden chain could be seen through his shirt. His black and gold Gucci watch hugged his wrist. He literally screamed money and power. His green eyes glistened as they zoomed on me, a smirk stretching on his lovely lips that were yesterday all around me. The spot between my legs tightened at the memory.

Elijah was standing a few meters away, his hands in his dark pants' pockets, his white shirt fitting perfectly his fit body, his dark hair pushed back. The moment he acknowledged me in the room, his face scrunched in annoyance. Of course. I held back a laugh at that. The bodyguards all looked at me from head to toe but didn't share their thoughts.

"Morning, how are you feeling?" Harry chirped, his smirk growing bigger.

I shrugged slightly, returning a small smile, "Tired." I chuckled, Harry nodding I understanding.