Chapter 28

• Chapter 28 •

The house has been very quiet, despite the size of it and the amount of people walking inside. I got up to my room after breakfast and sat on the bed with the MacBook on my lap, reading the news. So many articles about the incident yesterday at prison, people have been going crazy over the fact that we managed to escape the toughest, strictest prison there is. Some others even joked about the security system, sharing funny memes and tweets. I had to agree with most of them that harassed the head officers about not being prepared for the attack.

I checked the number of the dead prisoners, it reached 67. I didn't really know anyone except from Zayn and to my displease, his name was on the list. He didn't make it. My heart clenched with sympathy and frustration. He would've possibly made it if Harry obviously hadn't shot him in the shoulder, for no particular reason. I feel for Zayn, he didn't deserve that.

Everybody is fearing Harry already. Some say he will strike again soon, some say he isn't that stupid to attack in such a short period of time. He is though. I shook my head in frustration as I kept reading people's thoughts. Some mentioned my name as well, saying I am Harry's whore and he will eventually kill me. I chuckled to myself. Yeah, this is definitely going to happen.

The door opened, making me lift my gaze from the screen to the person walking in. Harry appeared, still dressed in that handsome suit as if he's going to a themed wedding.

"Please don't tell me you're reading the news." he said dryly, shaking his head.

"I am." I sighed, placing the MacBook on the mattress beside me. "Everyone is laughing at the police, many are already scared of you," he smirked at that as he walked towards me. "And some others claim you kill murder me on live camera as a threat to the others."

"Interesting theory," he noted skeptically, taking a seat on the bed, the mattress dipping beside me. "What do you think of that?" he asked me, eyes darkening.

I shrugged, "I find it hilarious." I admitted.

"I find it tempting."

My heart stopped at the seriousness of his voice and face as he said that. He can't mean that. Would he really kill me once he got what he wanted? I mean, he could, but would he want to? He held my gaze and licked his lips before glancing at the screen of the MacBook.

"If you give me a reason to, I will."

A knot punched me straight in the stomach. The image of Harry pointing a gun at me got my skin crawling. Don't trust him. Stay away from him. He noticed my trail of thoughts and leaned closer, eyes drinking me in.

"Remember what you told me back in your cell, pretty." his hand reached up to cup my cheek gently, my body craving for more already. "I will still kill you if I have to."

Pretty pretty pretty.

I nodded, remembering the moment. He's right. He has every right to be suspicious and protective. However, hearing him repeat those words sent my heart over the edge. Sitting so close to him added to the lust boiling in my vagina for him.

“I don't mind having you beside me, as long as you stay loyal to me.” his voice deepened, his face got closer to me, my heart thudded louder already. Why does he have so much affection on me?

I couldn't hold myself from biting my lower lip. He looked down at my lips, smirking slightly. “What’s up, pretty?” he leaned towards my ear, his breath tickling my sensitive skin there before he kissed it lightly. “Do you want me to take you now?” he whispered sexily, his other hand grazing my thigh.