Chapter 45

• Chapter 45 •

"Look at them, Rosalia, look how they shine!"

Harry is overly excited and obsessed over the diamonds. After yesterday's successful robbery and murder, the channels have been on fire, literally talking about it all day, the internet is full of scared citizens and angry politicians, the police forces are doubled on the streets and we are enjoying our special jewelries in our couches in peace.

Well, kinda. Harry has been talking non stop about the diamonds all day, his face literally lighting up whenever he got to wear the bright diamond watch that sparkled. I will never forget how groomy, angry and desperate he looked before Elijah, James and the others arrived at our meeting spot at the abandoned slaughterhouse 5 miles away from the city. When Elijah dropped the bag of diamonds on the floor, Harry literally fell on his knees and dove face first into the bag, laughing in pleasure as his bloody hands were filled with sparkly goods. Harry looked like a spoiled kid getting his expensive Christmas gift.

Elijah's reaction told me a lot. He was staring at Harry in complete terror and disappointment. He was in pain too, since he got stabbed right below his knee, but it wasn't anything too deep to be worried about. James gave me an angry look before he jumped in his car and drove off, probably because I didn't follow his instruction to leave from the front door. I was worried I wouldn't have the chance to see him again until Harry said he is coming over today to discuss the payment.

I looked up from the MacBook, leaving the Twitter mocking comments about the police not doing their job I was reading about last night's robbery and fixing my gaze to the diamond necklace Harry showed me for the seventh time today. I can not disagree they aren't worth staring at, they are absolutely stunning. I have a weakness when it comes to jewelries myself, but after hearing about them over and over again, or having them thrown into my face instead of receiving a kiss, I can't pay attention any more. Harry barely touched me after last night. After obsessing over his precious diamonds, we had rough sex with me on the top, wearing a lot of colorful diamond necklaces, bracelets and rings on me. Harry, too, was wearing as much as he could. He kept telling me I was shining brighter than those jewelries, but his eyes kept staring at the necklaces than my eyes.

Which is something I bet Elijah wouldn't do...

I left him have it. He's enjoying his little revenge much more than I had thought. I had expected him to calm down today, but from the moment he woke up, he started examining the diamonds in the fresh sunlight while drinking morning coffee. Marilyn Monroe and her love for diamonds is nothing compared to Harry.

"Yeah, they are nice." I replied monotonously.

"They are brilliant!" he gushed, grinning at the watch hugging his wrist. He then turned to look at me as he leaned back in his seat. "What time is it? It's a rich time!" he joked, throwing his hand in the air to flex the stolen watch.

I shook my head and chuckled, slowly growing very frustrated with his behavior. "Everybody is cursing on the police for still not having us in jail." I said, keeping my tone low.

He laughed, staring up at the ceiling. "Not so professionals now, huh?"

"The police is pretty much everywhere now, there is no block that's not guarded or checked." I sighed, closing the MacBook.

"Fucking stupid cunts." he laughed again, this time louder. He glanced at the watch again, his grin widening, dimples curving deep.

I mentally slapped him in the face. If this keeps going on for the rest of the day, I might leave this house on my own without any secret plan. You need to drug him. I shook the stupid words off my head, denying Elijah's plan. There is no way I'm going to drug Harry. If anything goes wrong, I won't be able to control the guilt.