Chapter 47

• Chapter 47 •

The following day we had to follow Harry's orders, which were quite strange and dangerous, as always. He told us we should all get a disguise and go spread through the city so we could have a better look around the area we were going to rob next. Needless to say, Elijah was against it. Hell, I wasn't agreeing either. Harry has a lot of people that can give him all the information about the strict meters and security system around the cities. Harry wasn't listening to any of us, though. Even Elijah dropped the subject from the first denial Harry claimed, meaning he was done arguing.

He shared to all of us some gold watches that tracks our location, so one of James’ pals can make a map and write down all the information through his connected PC. I had a bad feeling about this plan, especially because we would be out in the open with people and policemen roaming around us.

Bon spent hours making our masks and preparing my curly wig. Elijah had to dye his hair blonde and have a fake beard glued on his face. Harry was very excited to get his hair red and wear dark brown contact lenses. After having everything applied on our face and my wig was glued on, we were ready to go.

Harry wouldn't join us on the trip. He went to find James’ hacker pals, saying he has to be there for something important. However, Elijah would be my company and guard the whole time. He seemed secretly excited but tried to cover up the spark in his eyes but rolling them in frustration. I, myself, was happy he would be by my side, too.

The walk around the city was quite terrifying. The moment our SUV’s door was pulled open and I stepped into the dim light of the clouded city, my knees felt weak. Police officers, almost everywhere. I was even stunned at the amount of police workers Logan put out on the streets.

They even ordered Muslim women to show their faces in order to make sure they weren't us. A few of them argued, others cried that their husbands would kill them if they find out, but the police threatened them with a ticket and an arrest. I shook my head, angry that they wouldn't let these innocent women alone, but not sorry for them at all.

“This is fucked up in so many levels, I don't even know where to start.” Elijah grumbled as we casually walked around the streets, looking around and taking notes of the blocks.

“Just act careless and bored, it's not something you are not doing all the time.” I retorted, coming to a halt to check out the clothes a store put up on sale.

Through the glass, I saw him roll his eyes. It was so weird seeing him with this appearance, but it did suit him well. “I wasn't faking it, you really piss me off with your careless behavior. All you care about is yourself.”

“And that's how I should be.”

He rolled his eyes again and walked away, forcing me to follow after him. Policemen kept walking by us, each time none of them recognized us, relief and certainty spreading more and more through my body. Elijah seemed to calm down a little bit as well, but his body was still felt stiff by my side.

I casually wrapped my hand around his bicep, making him slightly jump at my sudden touch. He seemed caught off guard as he looked down at my hand in question. “Keep walking, it's just a normal day.” I urged softly, looking ahead.

He didn't pull my grip away nor did he complain. However, he slid his arm upwards so my hand met his, locking me into his warm touch. My heart jolted at the loving gesture of him holding my hand. He entwined his fingers with mine, tightly and securely keeping me with him. I caught myself smiling at the sight of our hands.

“Don't worry, this doesn't have to mean anything.” he assured lowly, looking around with thoughtful eyes.

“What if it does?”