//fallingforyou//

I’ve been having a particularly awful day, so my friend, Eloise, has offered to treat the two of us to few rounds at a bar.

I’m ordering a drink at the bar, when I hear some raucous laugh from one of the booths. I turn, finding the sound too familiar. Sure enough, I find a group of familiar guys are seated there. I mentally sigh in relief that Matty’s not with them. It’s been almost two weeks since I had talked to any of the guys I had grown so fond of. I don’t know why Matty hasn’t contacted me, and I’m not 100% sure why I haven’t contacted him yet. I guess I’m just stubborn. The guys look up in my direction. They wave, so I think they’ve spotted me. Naturally, I wave back, but realize all too late that the wave wasn’t meant for me.

“Arielle?” I hear softly from behind me. I turn and it’s him. Matty. I give him a smile, trying to be natural.

“How are things? The band?” I ask, exchanging polite, but very awkward small talk.

“The band? Good. Me? Shitty, if I’m telling the truth.” Would it be selfish to hope it’s because we’re not talking anymore?

“I’d love it if you came out to a gig sometime. I mean, only if you’re interested and don’t hate my guts. I’d much rather get back to the place we were. Even just having you as a friend would be great.”

“Where’s this gig at? Maybe I can swing around some time,” I say, trying to sound nonchalant but just coming off more of a pompous ass.

“Great.” And there it is suddenly, the thing I’ve missed the most—his smile. His radiant, heart-splitting smile that pulled me into his bed so many times before. It’s what lit my days better than any watt bulb could.

“I missed you,” I admit. It more so slipped out of my mind.

“I missed you too. Next time I have the idea to kiss another girl, please stop me and tell me what an idiot I’m being. It’d save me a lot of lost time.”

“I’ll have to remember that.”

//

I decided to go to the concert, but I’m bringing Eloise with me so I don't feel awkward. We were standing on the side of the stage, waiting for the guys to finish. When they finished they made their way off the stage, first to notice my presence was Georgie. I missed him so much. He made his way towards Eloise and I and engulfed me in a warm hug. Adam and Ross found their way to us and hugged me as well. Matty soon found his way to us and awkwardly hugged me too. As he hugged me he leaned into my ear.

“Can we go somewhere private?” he whispered. I had no idea where this was going to go, but I shook my head yes, and followed him to a dressing room. I sat down on a couch, and he grabbed his guitar and took a seat next to me.

“If I play you a song, will you consider going on a date with me again?” I was slightly startled by his bluntness.

“If it’s a good song,” I smile.

//

Long story short, the song was amazing and I’m now sitting in the passenger side of Matty’s car, going on a date.

The ride was quiet at first, as we adjusted to each others company. By the time we pulled into a parking spot, we were back to our old friendly selves. Getting out of the car behind Matty,  I looked up and around at all the people walking into the building. It was an art museum. Matty held out his arm and I link mine with his as we both walked in. It was amazing, so many great pieces of art and sculptures everywhere. Matty was full of awe as well as I. I was surprised by his love of art.

“I’ve always wanted a showcase like this..” I mumbled as we entered a whole hall for one artist.

“Really? You paint?” He inquired.

“I love to. I don’t do it as much anymore. It’s a passion really.”

//

“You gonna tell me where we’re going next?” I asked.

“A restaurant. You look gorgeous by the way,” he answered, making me blush. Once we reached the restaurant I was suddenly aware that I was slightly under dressed. It was such a posh restaurant and everyone was dressed like someone from the Queens banquet. The waiter showed us to a reserved table with ‘Healy’ on the name plate. I sat down opposite Matty and awaited the waiter.

“Matty, how can you afford this? It’s way too posh!”

“You think I don’t get money? The band is pretty popular so I get money. I can afford stuff for a girl like you.” He said, slightly offended.

“Sorry.. I just wondered.” I replied.

“It’s alright. People think about me being unemployed or something because of the tattoos and my style, it’s a stupid reason really but they still do. I hate it, but I just get more tattoos and say fuck themselves,” he explained. I smiled, he’s really a stick it to you kind of guy.

I like that.

*ATTENTION THERE WILL BE ANOTHER UPDATE TONIGHT*