//HNSCC//

"I just don’t get it. I work my ass off and all I seem to get are small diminutive shoots. This might sound selfish but I just want to be a well known face," I said with a huff of annoyance as the makeup artist, Evie, applied a layer of foundation to my skin.

"Look Arielle, do you really want to know how to get to the top and become one of the most well-known models around?” my friend/manager, Cressida,  chimed in. She sat in a empty makeup chair next to where I was sitting and soon her entire demeanor changed. She was once positioned casually but now she was leaning in as though she was going to reveal one of the biggest secrets known to man.

"Yeah," I replied perhaps a bit too excited to hear the advice that could possibly change my entire life.

"Have you heard of the couch test?" My manager said casually. She looked down at her phone and then back up at me.

"No—"

"Well perhaps you should better acquaint yourself with it," she replied rudely. I didn’t know what the "couch test" was but I didn’t like the way she snidely commented about it.

"But what is it?" I said hastily. From the way my manager spoke about the couch test as if it was common knowledge I began to feel stupid for not knowing what it was.

"You seriously don’t know what it is?" she said while raising an eyebrow at me. I looked at her shyly and then confirmed her assumption.

"The couch test is when you sleep with famous people in the industry so you can land better jobs."

My eyes widened and I found myself at a complete and utter loss for words. I wanted to be a well known model but not that way.

//

"What?!" Matty replied in shock after I told him about the dreaded couch test I learned about hours earlier.

"I know," I said, defeated. "I just wish there was another way to be well known because there’s no way in hell I’m doing that." I sighed.

Matty pulled me into his arms and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

“Well I know it doesn’t mean much but I like knowing you’re not on the covers of magazines. The less people who know about you mean the more of you I have to myself,” he said with a smile and surprisingly it was comforting to hear what he said.

"Thank you," I said while wiping the tears that had once streamed down my cheeks out of defeat. We sat there in silence for a few minutes, still cuddled in each other’s arms.

“Arielle,” Matty said, his head was resting on my shoulder.

“Matthew,” I returned back. His head left my shoulder, and he turned and gave me a serious look. Oh god. Please don't tell me it’s that time again already.

“We are leaving for the American leg of the tour on Monday.”

No.

Why?

Really?

I hate you,

I turned from happy to angry and sad in seconds.

"I'll be back before you know it Ari," I could feel tears in my eyes again.

"Why is it whenever things are getting good, you have to leave again? You're always away. I want someone to be with me as much as possible. I want someone to hug!" I stop talking for a minute and looked at Matty's expression.

"I know I'm on tour a lot. I'm sorry babe. But If you leave me I won't have anything to look forward to when I'm coming close to the end of the tour.” I still cried, but I couldn't help but smile a little bit. He is just so damn cute sometimes, you can’t help it.

"I'm sorry Matty. It wasn't suppose to come out like that, I mean, it’s how I feel but the way I said it wasn't really all that great.” He smiled and wrapped his arms around me once again.

“Just promise me you won’t be gone when I get back. Like I said, I need something to look forward to when I get back, and it would be exceptionally nice if it was you.”

“I promise,” I smiled and gave him a quick kiss of the cheek before heading to the kitchen to make some tea.

Can I really keep that promise?

What if something happens while he is gone?

Feelings change.

Relationships change.

People Change.

*Really short chapter, but I really wanted to write something for you guys. Next chapter will be longer, and should be done by the end of the week. And there is going to be drama in the upcoming chapters. DUH DUH DUUUUH. Wow. I’m so stupid. Don't forget to follow and vote! Love you guys. Stay Cool. *