//Ghosts//

The day was gloom and dark, the sky was dripping with rain. As soon as my eyes opened, I knew the fate of the day. It was the day that he was leaving once again. I kissed Matty’s cheek softly, wanting to wake him so I could spend as much time with him before he left, but I also never wanted him to wake up so nothing would happen and he would never have to leave.

“Hi” he mumbled quietly, his voice deep. I rested my head on his chest, never wanting to leave that spot. Matty ran his fingers along my back softly.

“I need to get ready, I have to leave at noon,” He sat up, pulling me up with him. I resumed my position of resting my head on him, but this time it was on his shoulder.

“Can we just lay down for a little longer?” I asked as I tried to pull him back down. I succeeded, and pulled the covers over us once again. I looked at the clock and I only had four hours before he was going to have to leave. It was silent between us for awhile, Matty was just staring at me, while I ran my fingers threw his mess of curls.

“Did you pack your phone charger?” I broke the silence, and Matty continued to stare at me, taking in every inch of my face.

“Yes,” he whispered.

“I am going to call you a lot” I admitted, and Matty’s concentration broke with a smile.

“I am going to call you more” he smirked, and I blushed slightly.

“Can you just stay?” I asked, but Matty shook his head.

“I wish I could” he whispered, pulling me closer to him.

//

Eloise, Charlotte and I were all getting drinks at a local hotspot. It had been 2 months since the guys had left for their tour, and they were coming back near the end of December, which is only a few weeks away, which I am thankful for.

“Ari, that guy over there is checking you up and down, you should go talk to him,” Charlotte said as she motioned to a guy standing in the corner. I took a look at him, and he looked far too familiar. That’s when it hit me. There in the corner stood my ex-boyfriend, Dan. We didn’t exactly end well. I broke up with him, due to the fact that he was always so controlling, and always flirting with other girls, right in front of my face. We made eye contact and he made his way over to were I sat with Eloise and Charlotte.

“I think you missed the memo about letting yourself go and looking terrible after a break-up,” Dan says as he approaches our table.

“You’re looking pretty dashing yourself!” I compliment back, I didn’t really want to talk to him, but I didn’t want to be rude, even though he was rude to me when we were together.

“It’s great to see you, and even better to see that you’re doing well.”