//Antichrist//

I opened my eyes to the bright morning sunlight that now surrounded my bedroom.  I searched for my phone and eventually found it in the pile of sheets that surrounded me.  About to unlock it, I noticed I had a missed call from Matty.  I decided to call him back, because when he calls me instead of texting, it’s usually something important.

“Hey,” he said, fully wide-awake.

“Hey,” I sleepily mumbled.

“Are you free?” he asked.

“Now? Right now?”

“Well, yeah.”

“I just woke up, but I don’t have anything planned for today.”

“Cool,” he replied.  “I’ll be at your place in 20 minutes. And don’t worry, I’ll bring breakfast.”

Before giving me a chance to answer, he hung up.  I groaned, but got out of bed, excited for whatever he was planning.

I threw on my standard black shirt and ripped jeans. When his car arrived, I ran out to meet him. Today will be my last day spending with him before he leaves for the states with the rest of the guys. He begged me to join him, but I politely declined. I have to look out for my future as well, and running off to America with my boyfriend and his band wasn’t on my to do list.

"Morning, beautiful." Matty smiled.

"Good morning," I answer back. I jump into the passenger seat and then notice the presence of my 3 other idiots, George, Adam, and Ross.  Matty hands me a coffee and a couple doughnuts.

"Thanks. Where’re we going?"

"Tattoos," George speaks up from the back seat.

//

“I’m kinda nervous,” my palms were sweaty, and I’m sure Matty had noticed since he was holding my hand.

"Don’t be," he replied. I gave Matty a nervous smile and walked into the building, hand in hand. It took me a half an hour to decide on a tattoo, but I finally did: ‘/ / L O V E / / ‘ It was simple enough, and it was small enough to not be too noticeable . I decided to get it behind my ear.  

Adam went first, getting the word ‘Love’ as well. Matty was next.

I watched the artist work. He was delicate, and Matty didn’t flinch once. He decided on getting the japanese phrase ‘ 侘 寂 ‘ or ‘Wabi-Sabi’ on the inside of his bottom lip. When he was finished, I marveled over how great it looked.

I sat down and prepared myself. Matty could tell I was more worried than I had let on. He let me hold his hand during the process, and surprisingly, it didn’t hurt.