(7)

Keraun.

I shook my head as I watched him kiss her lips. Something in me wanted to knock that niggas head off his shoulder, but I had to remember she wasn't my girl. I drove off, not wanting to be there any longer.
.
.

"Hey mama." I kissed her cheek as she finished cooking. "Hey baby, how was school?" I shrugged. "It was coo, where's dad?" She sighed. "He's still in Philly." I leaned against the counter. "Why?" "Business Keraun, you know that." I nodded my head, not saying anything else. I just walked up the steps.
.
.

The week went by fast and I avoided the hell of of Dom. I mean, I would rather do that, than yell at her ass for kissin' other niggas. I know she ain't my girl, but she was wife material and I thought she would've at least pushed the nigga off. "You cool nigga?" Trey asked as I stared off into space. We were at lunch and my mind wasn't on nothin' but tearin' into that niggas ass.
"Who he is?" I asked, nodding towards ol boy. "Oh Deon, he ain't nothin' important." He shrugged. "Why?" "Nothin', just ain't never seen him before." I got up. "Aye, I'm boutta go to the library." He just nodded, eating his fries. Fatass. I walked toward my locker, grabbing my stuff. I didn't feel like getting through three other classes. "Hey Ke." I heard her little voice. I drank some of my Gatorade and looked at her before closing my locker. "Wassup?"

I threw my jansport over my shoulder and adjusted my bucket hat. "What's been up with you lately? You ignoring me?" I shook my head. "Nah, but aye, I'll holla later, I gotta go home." She looked at me, really examining me. "What's wrong forreal?" "Man, you still comin' to the game?" She crossed her arm, leaning on her left leg. "Yeah, I'll be there." "Okay, well I see you there then." I walked away before she could say anything else. I could feel myself boutta explode and I ain't wanna do that.
.
.

"Get you head in the game Keaton!" Coach yelled. We were down to the fourth quarter and the other team was a point ahead of us. I couldn't focus to save my life and to be honest, this had to be my worst game. "Keaton, out the game!" He yelled. The referee blew the whistle calling a time out. "You guys need to do better! Get your head in the game! We're losing by one point, we got this, stay focused!" I drank some water, breathing heavily.

He was right, I couldn't let Domoniq do this to my mindset right now. I had been walkin' round like some damn lost puppy all week over a girl that might not even like me like that. I need to get focused, this was my future, not hers. I stood up, jumping up and down. "Whoo!" I screamed out and ran to the field with everyone else.
.

"And the Falcons win the game!" The announcer yelled as we cheered and the rest of the student body. Forty to thirty, this was a great win. "Congrats." Dom smiled as she hugged me. I hugged her tight. "Eww Ke, you're all sweaty." I laughed. "Wait for me, let me get a shower." She looked up at me, nodding her head.
.
.

"You ready?" I asked as I sat next to her on the near empty bleachers. "Yes, I'm starved." "Before we go, I gotta talk bout somethin' that's bothering me." She looked at me. "Wassup?" "I saw that nigga kissing you." She looked down and then back at me. "Now,I know we ain't nothin, but shit Dom, I thought this would've blossomed into somethin' soon, I feel played out." "Keraun, it wasn't even like that I promise. He kissed me, not the other way around."

"But you ain't push him away. You let that nigga kiss you, knowin' we got some shit goin' on. That's fucked up." "I'm sorry okay, but to be fair, we aren't together." I squinted my eyes. "So if I did the same thing with some random bitch would you be happy bout that?" I asked. She looked at me,but words wouldn't form. "Exactly." I got up from the seat. "You know what, maybe we better off as friends." She stood up to face me.

"What?" She asked. "We ain't cut out for a relationship, you don't know what you want and I ain't boutta force you." I shrugged. "You want me to drop you home or what?" I asked. She stared at me with sadness in her eyes. "I'll call my mom to come get me, it's fine." She smiled.

I kissed her lips one more time. "I'm sorry this didn't work out Dom. I'll see you around. Okay?"

She nodded. "Alright Ke."

********
An update for you beautiful people! what did you guys think of it? You can think the amazingg mckenzieinamy for thisssss!!