(12)

Dominiq
I woke up in a good ass mood I was excited to go to school though, because break was approaching.

"Domo you staying home?" Caleb came in, standing the doorway.

"Yeah... why pooh?" I asked sitting up in my bed. "Because mama said we can stay home if we want." He cheesed. I wasn't the one to turn down a day to stay at home but I needed to go, and get these little days over with.

"No, gotta go like you should." I got up walking towards my closet taking out what I was wearing for the day.

"Man, I'm not passing this up. I'm about to go back to sleep momo." Pooh walked out my room closing the door. I grabbed my items I need, and proceeded to the bathroom.

.

.

.

.

"So after break 9th period they switching you to councilor's aid?" Tay asked me.

"Maybe... I hope not but that's easy." I shrugged.

"I'll see you later boo! Gotta head to Child Development." I sighed. I knew we was going to do some book work and she was going to pass out the real deal.

I grabbed my book, and walked down the hall. I felt somebody tapped my shoulder, I turned to my left and didn't see nobody. That's of course I turned to my right and seen Ke standing there smiling.

"Wassup beautiful." He smiled trying to go in for a kiss. I moved my head

"No boi, my lipstick." I joked. He playfully grabbed my cheeks and kissed my lips.

"Ion' care man." He smirked. "I got my kiss though." He stuck out his tongue playfully.

"No PDA!" The guard screamed, we just proceeded to class not even paying him no Mind.

"What's that? You got eczema?" Keraun pointed at my cheek I laughed because I was watching vine videos all morning.

"You play all day." I said walking in the class. "It wouldn't be me if I didn't." He responded.

Since we had a substitute we watched a movie about caring for kids, everybody either slept through it, or talked through it. Me, I did what I do best... draw, and of course getting harassed by Ke.

.

.

.

"Mama I'm home!" I walked in locking the door behind me. It was dead silent I checked the mail hoping I got my acceptance letter. I looked through several pieces of mail until I seen one envelope that stuck out with Spelman written over it, my smile grew bigger. I took it up to my room placing my things down.

I changed into something way more comfortable and plopped on my bed. I was nervous, I didn't want to open it.

"Tayter Thottt..." I sang through the phone.

"Whatcha' want." She said cutting to the point.

"I just can't call my bestfriend? Goshhh." I fake pouted.

"No, whaat do you wantt."she laughed. "You ain't shit I could've died." I shook my head as if she could see me.

"No bitch you ain't dying saying 'Tayter Thot'" I laughed,"Anyways! Don't you want to come over beautiful?"

"For?" She asked dragging it on. I was getting irritated. "If you don't want to come tell me." I was getting irritated.

"I do but I'm tied up with some right now I'll hit you later." She clicked off. I couldn't believe this trick.

Tay: I love you bitch! I'll be over later tell ma to make some of that bomb ass chili.

Me: whatever

Since Taylor wasn't acting right, pooh and my mama was gone, and Ke was helping his mother I had to women up, and do it myself.

No lie I was nervous, nervous as hell... I read the letter and my eyes god bucked, a big smile plastered on my face I got accepted! I screamed to the top of my lungs, I dreamt of this school since I was in 8th grade i was getting closer, and closer to my goals.

The very first person I called was my dad, he was the one who inspired me to Go there so I know he'll be proud of me. My mother on another hand she wanted me to go SIU, the college she went to.

My phone began ringing and Ke number popped up I smiled ready to tell him the news I received. We began talking at the same time, clearly we were both excited about something.

"You go first." I laughed softly

"Ohio State, and Alabama Crimson Tide want a nigga." He spoke with enthusiasm in his voice.

"Watch yo' mouth boy!"

I heard Mrs. Keaton yell out. I laughed a little.

"Congratulations on the acceptance guess where ya girl is going?" I smiled

"Spelman?" He asked.

"You was righht." I joked.

"Man, that's wassup, I'm proud of you baby fo'real. You coming to my last game right?" He asked.

"Of course, Bloom right?" I asked.

"Yea, Finna blow that weak ass team out!"

"Boy I'll smack the piss Outta you curse again!" Mrs. Keaton yelled again.

"Sorry ma." He mumbled.

"You gone get a butt whooping keep playing." I laughed.

"Yeah alright."

"Tell her I said hey too!" He passed the message on and made sure I didn't forget his game on Friday, I took one of those afternoon school naps and dreamt of my future school. I was just overjoyed.