Chapter Three, The Moon

Liz gave a satisfied sigh after she finished her bunny stew. She wasn't going to eat it at first, but Enkidu was considerate enough to skin the bunnies behind a tree.

"Thanks Enkidu, your cooking was great," Liz complimented.

"Really?" Enkidu smiled.

Liz looked at Enkidu's bowl. It was still full. "You're not going to eat your own share?" Liz asked.

Enkidu shook her head. "I'm still used to eating grass. Don't get me wrong though. I love human food, but right now, I'm fine."

"If you say so." Liz picked up her bowl and offered it to Enkidu. "What do you want me to do with this?" she asked.

"I'll recycle it," Enkidu said. She took the bowl and infused it with her skin. "Do you want my share?"

"I'm good. Thanks, Enkidu."

"You know, you don't have to say thank you all the time, Master," Enkidu said as she infused her leftovers with her.

"Hm? Why not?" Liz asked.

Enkidu opened her mouth to speak, but she stopped herself. "Never mind. We should get going now. You need to get your cat, remember?"

"Yeah, you're right, but where do we go? We're lost in this forest."

Enkidu stomped on the fire and put it out. "Don't worry, Master." She walked up to Liz and carried her.

"Eh?! Enkidu? What are you doing?" Liz asked as she squirmed around in her arms.

"Hang on tight," Enkidu ordered. She crouched down and suddenly jumped up into the air at high speeds. Liz screamed as they flew into the air. She had a phobia for heights. She closed her eyes and held onto Enkidu as tight as she could.

Liz kept gasping for breath and clutched onto Enkidu's arm until their momentum stopped.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now," Enkidu said as the wind blowing into their faces stopped.

Liz slowly opened her eyes and looked around. They were still in the sky, but from her point of view, it wasn't that scary. It was beautiful. The beautiful dark night was filled with stars as far as the eye could see. The clouds below her looked as soft as a huge bunny's fur. She looked down and was overcome with fear from the height, but she was overwhelmed by the beauty. She could see the endless sea of lights that covered the ground.

"Wow..." Liz muttered. Her eyes sparkled from the beauty below and above. The moon smiled down at her from the sky. It looked so close, she thought she could touch it. Then she noticed something weird.

The moon looked strange. It was too close to her. She reached out to touch it, and she did.

The moon rippled and started to change color. The beautiful white face of the moon started to turn into a sick-yellow. The face of the moon transformed into a statue of a maiden surrounded by two children holding their hands up to her. She was inside of a shell that was cracked. The maiden and children were made out of gold while the outer shell was made out of a dark green material.

"W-what is that?" Liz asked. She retracted her arm and patted Enkidu's shoulder.

"Hm?" Enkidu looked up at the yellow-green moon. She gasped and nearly dropped Liz. "The Holy Grail... what is it doing there?"

"That's the Holy Grail?! The omni-potent wishing device that we're supposed to fight for?!" Liz shouted.

Enkidu examined it, squinting her eyes and staring at it. "It is... but it's incomplete," she answered.