Chapter Twenty Three, Back To Reality

John laid there in the darkness. The void surrounded him in a cold soft aura. It was actually quite comforting for him. He couldn't feel his legs or arms, but he did know that they were cold. Tiny splotches of water fell on his face. His nose twitched and his face scrunched up before finally opening his eyes.

He was laying in the snow with his entire body covered in it except for his head. "Where am I?" he muttered as he sat up. He winced and rubbed the back of his neck.

In front of him, a little boy in winter clothes stared at him. He was sucking on a lollipop while just idiley standing there. "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" the kid asked.

"I'm sorry, what?" John replied as he stood up and groaned. He looked around his surroundings and saw the busy streets all around. People flooded the sidewalks while the streets were covered by vehicles. They were back in the normal world.

"You fell from the sky, so I thought you were an angle," the kid said.

"From the sky?" John looked up and saw the leaning skyscraper above him with water draining out of the shattered windows. "Oh..." John muttered.

Back on the streets, hundreds of cars were angrily honking on the streets. The sounds of metal clashing against each other drew his attention. "What's going on over there?" John asked the little kid once more.

The kid shrugged. "There was a green-haired homeless lady and a half-naked man with glowing tattoos fighting each other on the streets, but it's already past Halloween," he answered.

"A green haired homeless lady?" John thought for a moment and the only green-haired lady that looked homeless he knew was... "Enkidu!" John realized. He turned around and ran towards the deafening noise. "Thanks kid!" he said as he waved at him.

The child waved back goodbye as he disappeared into the traffic.

People ran away from the streets while screaming. They pushed John to the side while he tried to travel through the swarms. "Move out of the way" he shouted as he nearly tripped over a ripped tire on the floor.

Where the chaos was happening, an explosion shook the ground. People all around fell over on the ground, along with John.

"Gah!" he winced. He looked at his hand. It was scrapped and blood was lightly seeping through his skin. He stood up and wiped his hand on his shirt while running towards the explosion.

In the middle of the street, Enkidu was fending off Matou and Selene at the same time. Selene's sword whip flew all around in the sky, destroying the road they were on and nearby buildings and cars.

Enkidu jumped through the slits of her attacks and kicked Selene away with a powerful force. The kick was strong enough to shatter the ground and push Matou to the side. She was stronger than before.

Matou jumped in next and punched Enkidu's side, but to only find his arm wrapped around in chains. She pulled him to the side and dragged his body through all of the vacant buildings and nearby vehicles. Each car exploded one by one, flinging shrapnel everywhere.

John slid underneath the exploding car and came to a stop nearby. "Enkidu!" he called.

She didn't hear him as she flung Matou into the air and slammed his body back down into a small house. An explosion of dust surrounded them and a chunk of the house's roof flew by John's head.

John coughed and waved the dust away from him. Once his vision cleared, he finally saw the destruction a Servant could cause. All around, there were destroyed structures. Fires were spreading through the area.