Chapter Twenty Eight, Christmas Dinner

The cold winter night was peaceful, with pedestrians roaming the streets, children playing in the snow, and the Christmas music gently playing in the background of nearby stores. Hundreds of multi-colored lights filled the town, lighting up the night. The recent destruction that occurred last week was a tragedy that was not easily forgotten, but the cheers of Christmas night calmed them down.

     Strolling through the thick snow that covered the ground was Liz. Her new blue jacket covered her body while a peppermint red and white scarf wrapped around her neck. Tiny fragile snowflakes fell onto her nose as she made her way home with her arm's filled with bags that contained presents for her friends. A slight smile could be seen on her face, along with her shiny white skin and rosy cheeks. Her newly red eyes smiled.

     The week had been a crazy one, yet fun at the same time. Liz made new friends along the way, some permanent and some who would stick with her for a while. She felt like she had a special connection with them because of their experiences together through the Grail War.

     Following behind her was Enkidu, Shuten, and Bastet, all of them wearing winter clothes with bags filled with presents being held in their arms and hands.

     Enkidu wore a long purple jacket that reached her knees as well as a dark red scarf and thick purple gloves. Her scarf went down the neck of the jacket. The snow stuck to the surface of her boots, but they fortunately didn't enter. Protecting her legs from the cold were blue jeans that were thick and warm.

     Shuten wore something more appropriate than what she had earlier. It was a simple choice of clothes, but it was still effective. A thick oversized pink hoodie covered her along with a pair of jeans as well. Her horns were well hidden with a black hat, as well as the hood above it. Her shoes dug through the thick snow; the snow entered the shoes, but it didn't bother her. She smiled as she looked around at the hundreds of pedestrians walking by.

     Bastet had a long white coat with white fur on the top of it. The coat itself was decorated with hundreds of small shiny snowflakes. The end of the coat nearly reached the ground. Her arms were holding several bags.

     "Master," Enkidu spoke up and sped up to walk next to her. "Who are these for?"

     "Hmm? Oh, they're for everyone that's coming over," Liz answered. She show cased one of the bags. "This one's for John. He seemed to like cooking so I bought him a new pan."

      "Aww, how sweet," Bastet said with a smile. "That's nice of you to do so."

     "Fufu, I can't wait to see their faces when they see what gifts you got them," Shuten giggled while twirling around the snow-covered streets.

     Liz nodded. "Mmhm! I can't wait!"

     Once they entered the apartment building, they stomped their shoes on the welcome mat and shut the door behind them.

     "Welcome back Liz," Hamorand greeted. "Merry Christmas!"

     "Merry Christmas Hamorand!" She took off one of the bags from her arm and gave it to him. "Here's a gift for you."

     "Aw, shucks, you didn't have to," Hamorand said while opening the bag. "Huh? What's this?" He took out a pen encased in plastic.

     "It's a new kind of cigarette," Liz answered. "I didn't want you to hurt your lungs, so I got the electric one."

     "Aw, how considerate of you." Hamorand smiled at the pen. "Thanks."

     "Your welcome, Hamorand, merry Christmas!" Liz waved at him as she made her way up the stairs with her Servants following right behind.