Chapter Twenty Six, Resolving Conflict

Emiya explained everything to Enkidu. He told her about the family situation, about his daughter, about the war and the conflict going between them.

"I see, I see," Enkidu said while twirling her hair with her fingers. She gave a sigh of relief. "I was honestly hoping that that was the case." She stood up and leaned against the wall. "I really am glad that this can be resolved peacefully." She looked down at Emiya who was sitting on the floor. "So what's your call? We can resolve this right now."

"That would be the best course of action right now. How's your Master by the way?" Emiya asked and stood up too. "I saw her escape."

"She's fine I think. She's just a bit shaken up." She nodded at the doorway. "Let's get the children out of here."

"Sure." He walked over to the door and knocked on it. "Everything is fine, Bastet. Let's get the kids out of here now."

The doors opened and Bastet walked out. She looked at Enkidu and smiled. "Ah, it's just you. That's good." She offered to shake her hand. "I'm Bastet, your Master's Servant."

"I've heard," Enkidu replied and took her offer. "It's a pleasure to meet you." She smiled back.

"Thank you for protecting her, Enkidu. Just knowing that she is alive and 'well' makes me happy," Bastet replied. She released her grip and turned around to look at the children inside. "Are you all ready to leave?"

All of the kids were standing up and nodded at her except for Nibera who was being wheeled by Shuten and Hera beside her walking with crutches.

"Then let's go. Get in a single file like please!" Bastet led the charge first towards the staircase with the children following. Emiya and Enkidu stood on each side and watched over them as they cautiously walked down the tilted stairs towards the bottom.

Once they reached the bottom of the stairway, they all rushed out of the building and breathed in the fresh winter air...

Then the sound of dozens of adults yelling could be heard in the distance. Surrounding Liz, Nap, the other Servants and the Masters along with Matou were the workers yelling at them. Leading the rally was Ms. Stacey, who was the loudest and most furious.

"How DARE you harm Lord Matou!" she screamed at Nap and Liz. "I'll make sure that you pay in BLOOD!"

"Please Ms. Stacey, calm down," Matou ordered. "We're having a truce right now—"

"A truce?! A truce of what?!" Stacey asked.

"A truce that we don't beat your ass into the ground," Nap growled. She had Selene hung over her shoulders and Bermuda being dragged with her other hand "Now shut up Karen."

"My name is NOT Karen!" Stacey scowled back.

"'mY nAmE iS noT kAreN' my ass," Nap mocked and spat on the snow.

John rolled his eyes at Nap and punched her shoulder lightly. "Hey, that was rude," he scolded.

She frowned at him. "If someone stabbed you in the gut, are you just gonna stand there and say, 'oh dear sir, is this your knife? I apologize and humbly offer this blade back—' No! You take out the blade and stab them back!" She looked back at Stacey. "And I'm very tempted to do so."

"Please don't," John pleaded.

Matou sighed and shook his head. "Please Ms. Stacey, don't make this harder than it already is. We already lost. We must take responsibility and accept this defeat."

"No! I will never accept it! First, they try to kill you and our Servants, then they team up and try again, endangering the children, and they now collapse our home, also endangering the children once more!" Stacey complained.