Chapter Twenty One, Rooftop Fight

Chains shot out from the sky and wrapped around Nap's body before she could hit the ground. The chains stretched and bounced over the surface of the water until she was slowly drawn back up.

"Is she okay?" John asked as he squinted.

"Yes, she is. She's only unconscious," Enkidu answered. Her head was beaded with sweat. "Let's land somewhere before I run out of mana," Enkidu suggested as she pulled Nap into her arms.

"The only place we could land at is Matou's rooftop," Nero said as she pointed at the skyscraper.

"It'll be better than falling down back into the ocean, sweetie," Shuten added. "Which would you prefer? Land or water?"

"Definitely land." Emiya's face was sickly green and drool was seeping out at the edges of his lips. "Please, before I spill my guts."

Enkidu nodded and flew back down towards the top of the skyscraper. She slowed to a stop and gently landed onto the large rooftop while her chains unraveled around them. They all stretched and groaned while Enkidu laid Nap on the ground.

"We're deep in enemy territory right now, so be careful," Emiya advised. The color of his skin was returning to its normal shade and he gave a sigh of relief.

"One of us need to stay here to watch over Nap and Philip. It's too risky and dangerous to bring even one of them inside," Enkidu said as she felt Nap's head to make sure she was alright.

"That is true, but we'll be at a disadvantage if we have fewer numbers," John added in.

"That won't be necessary," a voice said from behind them. From the doorway that led down to the inside of the skyscraper, a woman in a business suit walked outside with Selene and Bermuda by her sides. "We're coming to you." Sacri and Rizo stepped out with them, but Tierra was still inside.

John stepped back and crouched by Enkidu. "You go upfront Enkidu. I'll stay here and watch over them." Enkidu nodded and stood up while summoning her blade.

"We outnumber you lady, so don't expect to win with two Servants, and one of them can't even fight," Emiya said.

"Please, my name is Ms. Stacey, and Caster here can fight," she said and nodded at Bermuda.

Bermuda extended her arm and water flowed from below and above. The water clumped together and extended until they made the form of a trident before finally solidifying into the weapon. She swung it around and pointed it at them.

Selene drew her chain sword and swung it around. "Get ready my children! You'll join everyone else in Tartarus!"

"Looks like our plan has changed," Emiya said as he extended his right arm. "Trace on— Gah!" he yelled in pain and fell on his knees while clutching his arm. Edges of blades jutted out of his skin with blood dripping on the tips. He groaned in pain as more blades popped out. "Not now..." he muttered.

"Oh? It looks like you're the one who can't fight," Ms. Stacey said with a smirk.

"M-M-Mr. Emiya!" Philip stuttered and ran to his side.

"What's happening to him?" Nero asked. She turned to the enemy Servants. "What did you do to him?"

"No, it's just me," Emiya answered. "Sometimes my Magic Circuits go out of control...and this happens..." he explained as another chunk of metal exited his arms. "I'm sorry but... I won't be able to fight right now."

"Good," Ms. Stacey said as she nodded at Bermuda. "Go have your fun Caster." Bermuda smiled and dashed at Emiya first with her trident pointed at his head.