Chapter Twelve, A New Home

Sacrifice sat in the corner of the dorms, hugging her legs. She was still crying from earlier. The stains from the explosion was still stained on her clothes and body. Their screams echoed through her mind.

The dorms was a decently nice room with six bunk beds, three on each side, six dressers at the very back, an entrance to the restroom door to the right of the dorms, and a large mirror in the opposite corner. The floor was decorated with a nice frilly red carpet with golden lining and the walls were a plain light brown. Above her, a single fan with a light illuminated the room.

The sound of someone rustling in the bed could be heard behind her. She turned her head and looked up at the top bunk to see the head of one of the Master candidates look at her.

A dark blue blanket covered their head with the blanket wrapping around their body. They stared at her with their dark brown eyes. "Rawr," they muttered.

Sacrifice tilted her head to the side. "W-what?"

"Rawr!" The human figure rose up from the bed and jumped down towards her. They were as tall as Sacrifice when she was sitting on the ground. They walked towards her with the blanket covering their body. "Rawr!" They launched at her and rubbed their head against her neck.

"H-hey." Sacrifice sat there and took it all in. She like the warmth of the small child against her body. She loved life and the warmth of it. Her hand hovered above the small child's head to pet them.

"Tierra! Stop that!" a voice yelled from another bunk bed. They hopped down from it and pointed at the small child. "You can't just assault others like that!" The girl had short blonde hair and a red tuxedo with black pants. She smirked at the small girl and Sacrifice with her heterochromia gold and green eyes. Her skin was tan with some tan lines that could be seen by her neck.

Tierra, the small child that was rubbing her head against her neck, looked back at the child who called her. "No, my food." She turned back to Sacrifice and rawred again. "She taste better than Rizo."

"Hey, that's mean!" the girl apparently named Rizo said as she tried to pry Tierra off of Sacrifice. "Hmph! You little brat! Come here!" She yanked her off Sacrifice and held her in her arms.

"U-um, it's f-fine," Sacrifice stuttered. She still sat on the floor and hugged her knees.

Rizo looked down at her and smiled. "Hello new meat!" she greeted enthusiastically. "Are you also a candidate to become a Master for Lord Matou? What's your name?"

Sacrifice shook her head and looked down. "I-I don't have a name... but the workers here always called me a sacrifice, so I guess my name is Sacrifice. I'm probably still one..."

"Hmmmm..." Rizo thought for a while while patting Tierra's back in a mesmerizing pattern. "Your name is too long for my taste. Hmmm... Sacrifice.... Sacri... Ah! How about I call you Sacri for now on?" Rizo suggested.

"I-I don't really mind," Sacrifice answered.

Rizo giggled. "It's nice to meet you Sacri! My name's Rizo, and this is Tierra!" She offered Sacri her hand. Sacri looked at her hand and reached out to take it. Their hands made contact and Rizo helped her stand up. "Let's be friends, Sacri!"

"Friends! Rawr!" Tierra said as she snuggled her head against Rizo's neck.

"I-I would like friends," Sacri stuttered. She smiled and bowed to them. "I-I'll be in your care."

Rizo smiled at her and wrapped her arm around her shoulders. "Don't worry! We'll stick together through anything! That's what friends are like, right?"