6.

I sat on the porch, my legs were curled up into my chest as I stared into the distance waiting for the group. My mind started to wonder and the images of that guy in the blue shirt started to fill my mind. Something about him entranced me. The way his blues eyes looked into mine made goosebumps go up and down my arms.

I was taken from my thoughts when I saw two men. The Asian guy I saw earlier today and a black guy that I have never seen before. They walked up uncertain to what was about to happen. Kind of how I walked to the front door the first day I came back. They didn't seem to notice me as they made their way up the stairs to the front door.

"Should we even knock?" Th Asian said and then I let out a cough to get their attention. They both turned their heads and that's when I noticed, the black guy looked sick. Like a fever had hit him and his arm was wrapped in something but was covered in blood.

I stood up quickly, "Was he bit?"

They both shook their heads.

•••

Patricia was stitching up a deep cut that the guy named T-Dog has got when they were hiding from the herd on the freeway. Maggie was keeping his arm down, Glenn, the Asian seemed to be lost in her beauty. It felt like high school all over again.

"It's infected." Patricia said as T-Dog let out a groan, he shifted uncomfortably, "you got here right in time, this couldn't of gone untreated much longer." Patricia continued stitching up his arm.

It was quiet for a moment before Patricia spoke again, "Merle Dixon." My heart dropped as my eyes widened. Wait, this was the group? His group? The one who left him on the roof. Glenn's eyes looked at me, he knew I was hiding something but he didn't say a word, "is that your friend with the drugs?" She asked.

Glenn slowly looked back at her and nodded, T-Dog huffed and then coldly said, "not much of a friend." I lightly chuckled thinking about how he stole my shit. Leaving me one can of food like that would keep me alive.

"Well, he saved your life." Patricia asked and then I looked over at Glenn, "So, who else is apart of your group?" I asked mostly hoping he would just talk about that guy who I saw earlier.

"You'll meet them tomorrow," is all he said to me. I nodded and then turned around and went into the living room. When I entered, the site of Shane but no Otis made my heart sink. I knew this would hurt Patricia, I could imagine the pain she was going to feel when she found out.

Hershel walked out of the room and said, "Is Patricia almost ready?" I nodded slowly, the pain reflected in my eyes when he noticed I was looking at Shane. He took my arm and then whispered, "we don't tell Patricia until after the surgery. We don't need her brain elsewhere." I wanted to protest but Hershel shot me a warning look and I nodded slowly. Agreeing.

I walked into the room, the little boy laid still on the bed, a couple of tubes attached. He looked pale as a ghost and I cringed. My mind making connections back to Amanda's dead body on the ground. I shook my head intensely and then took a step back and found myself running outside near some trees.

The cold evening air pressed against my hot face. I knew that the boy was going to be fine, that Hershel now has all of the stuff he needs to fix him. I took a deep breath, I pressed my hair against the tree trunk and sunk down into the earth below me. A clear night like this makes me think, more than I already do. I finally found myself laying down, forearm behind my head as a place to rest it. I took in a couple of deep breaths before falling asleep.

Amanda and I made it back to our "safe" house. Her eyes were wet with tears as both of us was covered in blood. This was the first time since the beginning of the world that we ran into that many walkers. I never thought that us just going into town would became a shit show.