17.

Pre apocalypse

I was done. My dad had abused me for the last time and I wasn't going to just sit here and take it. He was a druggy who could care less about me and Amanda. I was done, I knew I could take her, but I would come back for her once I was settled somewhere.

I waited for midnight to escape from the house and I put a bag of clothes in my car before taking off towards the only place I could think. Yesterday I told Maggie that I was thinking of running away and changing my name but that conversation didn't end well. She wanted me to stay but I had to go, somewhere far.

I drove and drove until I reached a college I thought I'd never see again. Georgia tech. I parked my car in the dorm parking spaces and then headed up towards his door. The people there sort of remembered me from when we started to date so thankfully they let me up.

I stood in front of the door that had

'James and Morty' on the front.

I took in a deep breath, he might not even be here. He might be out partying. Hooking up with random chicks but I finally got the courage and knocked three times on the door. I waited and waited and almost gave up out of nerves but then the door swung open and I saw him.

His blonde longish hair was tossed up and his blue eyes pierced into mine. He wore a Georgia tech sweatshirt and some grey sweats. When he saw me, he gasped and then leaned against the doorframe.

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes." He whispered and then he noticed the bruise that was underneath my eye. He reached his hand out like he was going to touch it but he stopped himself and then motioned for me to come inside.

His dorm was set up with two rooms, both with a door. Then a small living room that had a bathroom. He brought me into his room where he had a mini fridge. He opened it up and then handed me a small ice pack. I sat down on his bed and he sat on a chair in the corner of his room.

"It's getting worse." I managed to whisper.

James just sat quietly and searched my face. I didn't cry, I wasn't upset. I was just mad. He was a horrible man and I knew that I would die in that house.

"What are you going to do about it?" He asked me and I placed the ice pack on my swollen face and then sighed, "I stayed. I graduated last week. I'm gonna do what I always said I was going to do." He tilted his head and then stood up and sat down beside me.

"You're gonna go to Washington state?" He asked and I nodded my head slightly and then let the silence engulf the room.

Then he broke the silence, "Well, who am I to stop ya. But, why did you stop here?"

I gave him a weak smile and turned my body towards him, "you know. When you were a junior and I was a sophomore, I always thought we would be together forever. That we'd get married and have two kids. We even came up with names. I always loved you. Even when I found out you cheated. Damn, I loved you. You're apart of me, and I feel like I needed to say goodbye and wish you the best."

Our eyes searched each other's and I felt the tension between us grow. That's when he inched closer until our lips were close. He gave me a quick smile before closing his eyes and pressed our mouths together roughly. It was like this for a couple minutes until I put my legs around his waist and deepened our kiss. He chuckled and placed his hands on my waist and pressed me deeper into his lap.

I let out a groan and then pushed him down on the bed kissing him slower. His hands reached all around my back until he found the hem to my shirt pulling it off my body. Then he flipped us so my back was on the bed and I looked into his eyes and he gave me a small smile before putting  the last night with him into total bliss.