31.

When I finally woke up, the sound of people yelling around me made me come to my senses quick. My eyes quickly adjusted to the lights surrounding me as I looked around. I then saw Daryl standing in front of me, his eyes worried. His hands were tied around his back. I tried to move but that's when I realized I was tied around a wooden pole. I gasped as I tried to get out of it but felt a hand touch my cheek. I turned my head and saw the governor only this time he had a patch around his eye. He gave me a cheeky smile, "long time no see." He spat and looked between my chest and my eyes and winked.

"These people are horrible. This girl! The love of this mans life!" He pointed to Daryl who kept his face stone cold glared at him. I let out a sob as the cheers of these people around us became louder, "is going to witness a fight between two brothers who would die for her!" He then motioned to Merle who was standing a little behind me. I turned my head to see him standing there. He gave me a smile and then whispered in my ear, "just followed my lead." Before winking at me and walking towards his brother. Daryl who seemed a little confused looked between me and his brother. I let out an I'm sorry before the governor walked over to me.

"No!" I heard another scream as I turned my head and saw the blonde that I haven't seen in awhile. She looked at me in horror and then at the governor, "please. Don't do this! I know them." She yelled but was carried away by the Hispanic man from before and some others. The governor looked angry as blood dripped him his eye, "you wanted your brother. Now, prove you really want this girl, the girl who you risked lives of some people to go back for. The girl who hasn't left your mouth since day one. Cmon Merle. Prove it!" He yelled as Merle's eyes met mine, I gave him a sad look before he just nodded, "I will." He spoke loudly before turning around and punching Daryl to the ground. I screamed as he fell to the floor, "no!" I yelled but the governor shoved a sock in my mouth and whispered, "now, you get to watch him die. Just like how I watched so many of my people." He hissed.

I let out a cry as the crowed around me cheered. Merle continued to beat him up until he took his hand and then helped him up. I screamed as a couple of men brought out walkers on poles like the ones Hershel used when bringing them to the barn. The governor motioned for one of the walkers to come to me, I tried to press my head away as the sounds of the walker snarls filled my ear. I screamed as I heard Daryl yell for me. I closed my eyes and let a couple of tears fall down my face. How could these people just enjoy this? He was literally torturing us. And he was taking pleasure.

I was about to give up hope when I heard another explosion and then smoke filled around us. The walker beside me fell limp from someone snipping it. I then heard gun shots and people moving. That's when I saw Daryl in front of me, Merle beside him. Merle used his blade to cut me free as I thanked him and we began to run towards the fence. We all made it and then started to run behind Rick.

When we made it to a car he had parked a little outside, the sun has rose above us. I saw Glenn and another girl I wasn't familiar with come up to me and Daryl. He hugged me and I hugged him back, "thank god, I thought he got you again." Glenn whispered and I pulled away and sighed. I then bent down and turned around and looked at everyone who seemed shaken up by this. But that's when Glenn noticed Merle, and so did the black girl. He cocked his gun and she took out her katana.

"Hey." I yelled trying to push them away, Glenn looked down at me and gave me a questioning look, "are you kidding Sunshine, after all he's done!" He then backed away from me as I looked behind me at the man who stole my shit. He gave me a grateful smile before I sighed, "you ain't gonna tell them?" I heard James from beside Maggie. I shot him a glare before he chuckled, "when I met our dear Merle, we seemed to know someone in common. Yet, she failed to mention it to the good of the group." He remarked sarcastically as I gulped and walked over to him punching him in the face. Taken aback he stumbled backwards.