8.

I set the table, Maggie beside me helping. Ever since she's came back from the run with Glenn she couldn't keep a smile off her damn face. Me on the other hand was trying not to think about Merle. Should I tell them all that he's alive? Or would they just try to find him to take him out? The way Merle talked about it made it seem like this group wanted him dead.

"Something on your mind?" Maggie asked from beside me.

I snapped back to reality and looked over at her. She was placing a fork down and was glancing at me with a hint of a smile behind her eyes. I knew she wanted to make sure I was ok but she had something else on her mind.

"Just thinking- about the boy waking up, about Sophia, about many things. Nothing to worry about." I started and watched as she nodded and continued to set the table.

I walked into the kitchen grabbing some soup that Patricia had made. The more I thought about Merle, the more angry I became at the him. He must've tricked me, telling me lies. Maybe he was trying to steal or kill them up on that roof. Maybe that's why Rick had to handcuff him.

I shook off the bad feeling and then took the bowl to the table, "question." I simply said. She looked at me with a eyebrow raised. Her eyes looked like they were on her own planet.

"What's the smile for?" I asked.

Maggie let out a chuckle before shrugging, "just happy." I shook my head not believing that was the only reason for her to be in such a daze.

"Yeah, let me guess. You had sex with him." I snickered, she let out a fake gasp and then hit me slightly on the arm. I took that as a yes, but she couldn't answer because Hershel and the others came downstairs around the table.

Maggie and I sat by each other, Hershel grabbing Patricia and Beth's hands from beside him. This caused us all to join hands and bow our heads for a prayer. I have never really been religious, but the Greene's were. Every time I'd bow my head before the apocalypse I would simply ask for my parents to come to their senses. For my mother to come back. But nowadays, I just stayed silent or cursed to him for taking Amanda, or for making my life shit from start to finish.

After Hershel was done talking, we all said 'amen' and then started to serve ourselves. I have been here for about a month and a half and never got use to this. Having a meal every morning and night with a table. With family surrounding me. Maggie nudged my knee and I looked down to see a piece of paper. Oh, so we are gonna bring it back to elementary school. When I opened the paper it read,

Yea, we had sex. Found condoms at the pharmacy in town.

I lightly chuckled as we looked at each other but it was cut off by Hershel coughing. We looked over to find him staring us both down. We both stopped laughing and started to eat. After dinner, we quickly went to Maggie's room to talk about it. Since we set the table, we didn't have to help clean dishes.

I put on some sweats and a tank before sitting on her bed. She smiled as she started to talk, "we went to that pharmacy today. Had to grab meds for Carl, he had a list too. I caught him in the feminine hygiene isle. He was probably trying to find tampons for someone in his group but accidentally grabbed condoms. That's when I made the decision. It's a scary world, and I haven't had sex in ages." I laughed as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Do you like him?" I asked a little more seriously and she hesitated, then she shrugged, "I'm not sure. We did just meet. But Sonny. When we had sex man. It felt like there was something there. Like maybe this end of the world thing brought us together."

I nodded listening to her every word. It felt nice for it to be about her rather then her asking me how my day went. Which it wasn't bad, but the moment, when I was talking to Daryl about Amanda. It was weird but it felt... right to talk to him. I knew if I tried to explain that to Maggie she wouldn't understand.