46.

One after one, I felt the blade kill someone. The sound of their blood gushing out only reminded me more of Hershel which only made the anger in me rise. I was done. I didn't care anymore. If I died, I died fighting. That's all that mattered.

"Sunshine." I heard his voice ring. He was fighting off people when I saw him. Daryl, the man I loved. I gave him a look before running over to him. He bent down to hide behind a car when I joined him. He checked out my face which was covered in blood. Hershel's, the other sides, walkers. He then brought me into a short but meaningful kiss and then when he pulled away he searched my eyes.

"Are you ready? We need to get out of here."

I sighed and then stood from my hiding spot taking the gun out of Daryl's hands and shot the guy who was shooting us. He was reloading, I was listening to when he was exposed. When he dropped I bent down and looked at Daryl, "I have to kill him." He gave me a pitiful look and looked in the direction of where the field was.

"We all want to kill him Sunshine-"

"No. You don't get it, he's taken too much from me. He's literally taken everyone I care about." The tears threaten to come back but I knew I couldn't. I wouldn't cry. Not now.

"Sonny- he's taken everyone from us. Right now we - I need to focus on you." He said and just then I felt a pain in my side. I cursed and fell against Daryl's cheat. I gripped where the pain was to see it was red. Dammit, they grazed me. Daryl shot the guy who did it to me and then checked out my injury.

"Go get on the bus. Glenn, Sasha, everyone who was sick. They are on it." I cursed and shook my head before ripping some fabric off my shirt and pressing it tightly against my wound. Daryl helped me as I hissed in pain.

That's when I realized something.

I took Daryl's face in my hands and searched his pained and fearful eyes. The blueness seemed dull compared to what it used to be.

"I love you Daryl Dixon. I know you aren't going to agree with this but if I don't try, I will hate myself forever." I watched the panic in his stance as I took my ring off and placed it in his hands, "until death do us part right?" Before he could speak I kissed him hard. I didn't want to pull away. Maybe if I didn't, I could forget what was happening around me.

"I love you Sunshine Dixon." He whispered before I stood from my spot the katana in my hand and I made my way back to the field.

I looked out and when I noticed Phillip I tried to make my steps quieter. Flashes of when Daryl taught me to hunt came rushing back. Be quiet. Be smarter than the prey. I quickly made my way behind a car that he was going to try to get behind. Only he'd be surprised by me. I held my breath as I listened for his footsteps only for then to disappear. Confused I tried to listen closer only to be met with something hard and cold pressed against the back of my head.

I sighed knowing if I made any moves he'd for sure put a bullet in my head.

"From the day I set eyes on you. It felt like we were supposed to meet." He said, a low chuckle rang out. He then took his hand placed it tightly on my arm and turned me around roughly to stare at him. His eyepatch was crooked and his face roughed up by someone.

"Merle- man, he'd talk and talk. I never understood until that day down in the basement-" his eyes moved from mine down my body and back up, "I killed Andrea because she found out too much. She became a liability. I killed Merle because I knew it'd hurt Daryl. That maybe he'd leave you, seeing he push people away when he was upset. I killed James well- he has already had you before. I couldn't keep him here." My anger built up inside of me as he continued to go on and on. I wanted to spit in his face.