Chapter 2: Bold Move

The receptionist opened the door to Mr. Li's office. She could feel the intensity as soon as the door opened.
Liliana stood outside of his door "Well are you coming in or not? Or do you not want this funding bad enough?"
Liliana snapped out of it and took a deep breath. She walked into Mr. Li's office, walked to the front of his desk and bowed "Thank you for taking the time to see me Mr. Li."
Mr Li looked away from his computer and looked up at Liliana "Oh your the idiot who decided she couldn't be patient and wait for the cross walk to change." 'There he goes again calling me an idiot.'
As she thought to herself. She could hear the shift of his tone and got a little frustrated but no matter she needed this funding for her business and she needed this more than anything. "Again thank you for saving me but I'm not here for that. I'm here about my funding Mr. Li."
He nodded "Yes you're right. But I won't save you a second time. Now please continue."
Liliana cleared her throat "Yes I am starting a doll house company and I need-."
He cut her off "Stop. Why do you think I should give you funding for some small time doll house company that I know well enough it won't make a single profit."
He had fully turned in is chair to look at her. Fingers laced together and his head leaning on his fingers. "Oh you can stop bowing and take a seat."
Liliana was starting to get even more frustrated. But she would not allow this rude, brash, and arrogant man change her mind. She stood up and sat down in his luxury chair. "Because my company is aimed in helping children in hospitals, orphanages, adoption centers, and day cares."
Puzzled he asked "And how is this going to help make you and or us a single profite?"
Now she's got him interested "Well Mr. Li, people pay a lot of money for the type of doll houses I am wanting to create. I also just create houses to donate. I have made roughly 15 doll houses since I was 10 years old. I have pictures of them and the ideas if you-."
He cut her off again "Yes let me see them."
She stood up and took a baby blue folder out and handed it to him. He reached to his drawer and pulled out a pair of glasses and put them on his face. He opened the folder and took a look at her ideas, plans, and pictures of her hard work. "Hmm."
Liliana stood there waiting patiently. He put all of the papers and pictures back in the folder and handed it back to her "You may have a seat."
She sat back down and put the folder back in her bag. "I'll give you the funding IF-"
Liliana got very excited and could hardly contain her joy "IF you can make me three doll houses in a week. If you can do that then I'll give you the funding. If you can't manage that then don't bother coming back."
He took out a notepad and started writing. Liliana thought 'Three doll houses.. in a week? Just getting one done takes at least three days.' He broke her out of her train of thought "Oh and I want them to look exactly like the ones you showed me today."
'No. Freaking. Way. He's nuts! There's no way I can do that.' Liliana remembered the words her grandfather told her 'Liliana don't doubt yourself. Regardless of what other people may think or feel never give up on yourself.' Her grandfather was right and she couldn't give up on herself. She stood up and walked over to the door "Mr. Li, I'll have four doll houses for you in week. Not three but four doll houses. I will show you my skill and to not doubt my ability."
She opened the door before walking out she stopped looked at Mr. Li and gave him a smile "You have a nice day Mr. Li."
She slammed his door shut and walked out of his office. Even though it may have seemed arrogant but she knew she could do this.

Mr. Li laughed and turned back to his computer. Looking at her file "How bold of you Ms. Mitzuki. Show me what you can really do."