Chapter 10: A day at the fair

Liliana was finally finished with the doll house. She stretched out in her chair and grinned "Yes! Finally! Now I have two days to relax before the meeting with the chairmen." Liliana pulled out her phone and texted Kiro.
Liliana to Kiro: "I'm finished with the doll house! Finally!" She tucked her phone back in her pocket and stood up. She took a tarp and threw it over the doll house. Her grandfather walked in with a cup of tea "So your finally finished. Are you ready for the meeting kiddo?" Liliana taking the cup of tea. "I have to be Popop. I have to show them that I am talented and it will make a profit. I'm guessing they have never had anyone with a business proposal like this before." She shrugged her shoulders. Her grandfather sat on a stool "I'm sure kiddo. They usually have TV producers, modeling agency's, and many like the sort." Liliana shrugged her shoulders again "Popop I don't care what they think. I am doing this for us. Not for them or Mr. Li. I just hope Mr. Li is 'pleased' with the doll house." Her grandfather chuckled and wrapped his arm around Liliana's shoulder "Oh don't be like that to him kiddo. I'm sure he has a lot on his plate. More than what you or anyone probably know. Just give the young man some time. I'm sure he'll warm up to ya." He pat her on the back. Liliana rested her head on her grandfathers shoulder "I don't know Popop. Every time I try he just gives me a reason not too. But I will Popop. I'll try." He gave her a hug "Thats my girl. Now come on your Memaw made a delicious stew tonight." Liliana followed her grandfather when her phone rang "One moment Popop. I'll be right in there."
'Oh god it's Mr. Li. I'm sure he's calling about the progress of the doll house.'
"Hello?"
"Hello Ms. Mitzuki. I'm calling to check-."
"Yes I have the doll house completely finished. Anything else?"
Mr. Li shocked on the other line "No. Thats it. Have you been resting like I told you?"
"Yes I have. Why do you care about me so much?" Liliana pacing around the back yard.
"Well considering your the idiot who fell asleep in my office and I was so kind enough to have Goldman take you home. I would 'care' if you fell asleep during the chairmen's meeting. Bye."
Liliana stopped pacing "AHH WHY DOES HE KEEP ON DOING THAT!" Liliana left the back yard "Popop, Memaw. I'll be back. I need to go for a walk." Her grandmother yelling out the kitchen window "Are you alright sweetheart?" Liliana walking past the window "Yeah I'll be fine. Just need to go for a walk." Her grandmother shouting "Alright sweetheart! Be safe!" Liliana walked and walked until she got to the beach. She sat on the beach and looked to the ocean. Liliana sighed and was lost in her thoughts 'Popop I'm trying so hard. But when he puts me down like that I just don't see anything past a boss and a employee relationship. You say that I should just wait and he'll warm up to me but all he see's me as is an idiot and a moron. Why should I give him a chance when he isn't giving me a chance?" Liliana thought to herself running her fingers through her hair "URGH WHY DO I EVEN CARE!!" Liliana felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. She pulled out her phone and looked at the caller ID 'Oh it's Kiro'
"Hey Kiro. Whats up?"
"Hey Ms. Chips."
"Ms. Chips? Where did that nickname come from?"
"Well you shared your chips with me and I could only think of that nickname for you."
"Kiro you are terrible with nicknames."
"Awwe don't be like that. Anyway what are you doing tomorrow?"
Liliana pondering to herself "Well nothing in particular. Why do you ask?"
"Well I thought we could go to the fair."
"Uhmm Kiro."
"What? Don't wanna go?"
"No no no nothing like that. Wouldn't that be dangerous for you? I mean if someone see's you-."
"Nope already got that covered."
Liliana was puzzled
"What do you mean?"
"Look just meet me at the entrance tomorrow at 8:00. I'm sending someone to pick you up tomorrow. No backing out, no excuses. We are spending all day at the fair tomorrow so make sure you bring Sunscreen... Oh gotta go bye Savin is coming and I don't want him to find out. Cya."
Liliana had forgotten all about the discussion with her and Mr. Li. She was really looking forward to the fair. She hasn't been to one since she was a little girl. She was nervous but she was still looking forward to a full day of fun. Liliana got up and dusted herself off. She turned and was leaving when a vehicle stopped in front of her. "Come on kiddo. We've been waiting for ya." Liliana smiled and got into the car and went home with grandfather to enjoy a big bowl of stew with dumplings on the side.