Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five:

"I can't find Gil." Theodora sighed, leaning against a glass window. JT nudged her away from it, looking into a room where the man sat in a metal chair. "What do we do now?"

"Let's just ask him a few questions." JT shrugged, "Get a base. Let's see how uncomfortable Bright can make Rodger."

Theodora dipped her head to the side, "His name is Rodger?"

He walked in first, ignoring her, Malcolm trailed behind but Theodora stayed put on the other side of the glass. She watched as JT leaned against the table, Malcolm on the other hand pulled out his phone and began taking picture after picture.

"Why am I here? I have rights." Rodger grumbled, "And my camera was undamaged when I came in here."

"Tell us about Tatiana. Why did she have a bunch of restraining orders on you?"

Theodora pursed her lips, JT sure was intimidating when he meant business.

"Those were all just misunderstandings—" Malcolm's phone flash went off and the man flinched, looking everywhere here but the camera. "I was doing my job. I'm a photo journalist, currently freelancing—" he stopped, raising his arms. "Do you mind!"

Malcolm was half on the table, eyes gazing at the other. "What? Sorry, is this uncomfortable? Intrusive? Offence?" He pushed himself up so he sat on it, then leaning closer. "A violation?"

"You stalked Tatiana for a living." JT added, "Called her in the middle of the night, sent obscene photos."

Malcolm scouted so he sat in the centre of the table, cross legged, the phone almost touching the man's face. "Are you proud of all that, Rodge?"

"All I wanted was to take her picture, and spend some time together."

Malcolm lowered the phone, "You cared about her."

"I loved her. I would never do something like this, I couldn't."

The phone raised again, another flash. "Did she love you too?"

"Stop it!" He yelled, "Just leave me out of it, talk to Axel!"

JT stood up straight, "And what's your beef with Axel?"

Rodger opened his mouth but ultimately shut it, shaking his head. "I can't— the guy is shady."

"If you have information about Axel that you're not telling us!" Malcolm glared.

JT slammed his hands onto the table, "What do you know!"

Theodora's eyes widened as the man seemed to crumble, his eyes telling a whole other story. "He can't say!" She ran in, causing them all the jump. "He can't say because he was stalking her when he saw something he shouldn't. You said she had a restraining order on you? If he admits it he'd be in violation of his court order."

Malcolm and JT shared a look, both glares in of itself while Rodger sent one her way.

"You said you loved her, Rodger." Malcolm stated, "You said it like you meant it."

"I did." He stuttered.

"When you love someone you'll do anything for them. Even if it hurts you. That's love."

Rodger was sweating, beads of it dripped down his forehead. "Lawyer." He whispered. "I want to see my lawyer."

JT sighed while Malcolm finally leaned back, resting his head against a hand. After minutes of uncomfortable silence she grabbed ahold of his arm and yanked him off the table, "Get off of there. You already made the guy want to jump out of the window, jeez. Let's go, out!"