9

On the train home, Newt couldn't help but notice how nervous Juliette was acting, she hadn't stopped bouncing her leg for at least three hours of the ride and she kept biting her nails.

"Juliette, Jules, calm down, please? It'll be okay, I promise and swear," He chuckled, she let out a deep breath.

"Sure, okay, so, what do we do when my parents ask about your family background?"

"I'm a pureblood and my dad died when I was little.. due to him being a muggle and that we can't tell them he wasn't magic," He explained.

"Okay, now when they ask us if we're together what to we say?" She asked speedily

"Yes, newly, we only got together a f-few weeks ago," He replied, under her panicking mask, she could tell he was anxious too, so she grabbed his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Newt?"

"Yes?"

"I- Uh, we'll be there soon, I'd get my bags ready if I were you," She smiled, standing up and reaching for the bags she brought.

"Um, y-yes," He nodded, doing the same, she sighed when she bumped into him.

"Maybe I should just lie," She whispered to herself.

"W-What?" He asked, spinning around.

"If I told them that I "dumped" my "suitor" because I found out he was a blood traitor they wouldn't ask any questions, and then you'd get all Christmas with your family and you wouldn't have to sit through Hell with me," She explained as the train stopped amd they started climbing off.

"No, but your parents, they would get s-so upset," He stuttered.

"Trust me, my parents would not get up-"

"Juliette Apollo! Keep that back straight, and your nose must stay in the air! Merlin, we left you to your own devices for a few weeks and this is the result! A Slytherin with bad posture! By God!" A shrill voice rung, and a slender hand perched itself onto Juliettes shoulder.

"Slytherin, I totally forgot," She hissed to him.

Newt wasn't overly awake, but he wasn't dumb because of that, he could still see the fear that was flashing through his best friend's eyes, especially as she mouthed 'sorry for this'.

"And this is where I will say goodbye to a filthy Mudblood like you," She announced loudly, a tear threatening to fall as she insulted the person she cared most about.

"A-And this is w-where I leave," He nodded politely and scuttled away, hurt at the comment she made, even though he knew she really didn't mean it, and really didn't want to say it.

"You're a good girl standing up to undeserving Mudbloods like that," Esmeralda, her mother, smiled proudly.

"Yeah... Undeserving," She mumbled, trailing behind her mother sadly.

-

"Newt! Thank Heavens! Are you alright? That horrible child insulting you like that! I can't believe children are raised to be that way," Newton's mother, Hope, fretted as he stumbled over, the only thing running through his head was, 'splendid to see you too mother, glad you said hi'.

"Mum, she's never like that, just around her parents, otherwise they get mad I told you about it in my letter," He calmed her.

"What letter? I didn't get any letter,"

"That's because I burnt it," A girl behind him said, he spun around to see Juliette standing there shyly.

"You what?" He asked, seeing her mother talking to another Witch a few metres away.

"I burnt it because I knew I'd back out, meaning I saved you from a really long explanation, it's lovely to meet you Mrs. Scamander but I really must be going, I see my mother is almost done with her-"

"COME ALONG JULIETTE, you're attracting shame," Her mother cut her off as she finished her conversation with a friend, Juliette jumped and grabbed onto Newts arm in suprise befire quickly retracting it and racing after her mother.

"So she is nice when she's not with her parents," Hope smiled happily.

"She also gets a lot of attention from other eleven and twelve year old boys," Newt chuckled awkwardly as he watched Juliette fight her way past a boy in their year.

"Come on Newt, it's Christmas, and we have so much to catch up on!" Hope smiled so brightly you would think there was no trouble in the world.

"Yes, Christmas," Newt repeated as they walked to the wall to meet his father on the other side.

~~~

I may have to start moving faster through the year and only write proper longer chapters at more important stages.

See ya'll in the next one!

-Alex