18

She ate quickly with Axel, using her hair discreetly as a cover for the visible wounds, she looked up a couple of times and saw Newt sitting with Leta, Axel noticed this and rested yet another comforting hand upon hers after finishing she stood up with Axel and left to find Jeremiah.

"So will you tell me what happened last night now?" Be asked quietly.

"I think, Leta, she might have attacked me, but I'm not sure, it might have been someone that sounded like her,"

"Jules, we have to report that! We can't stand back and do nothing," He fretted, she grabbed his shoulder to calm him.

"You might not stand back, but I do," She fought.

"You can't let people hurt you like that!" He complained, pointing at the bruise visible on her neck.

"You think that's all they did?" She scoffed, dragging him towards her dorm, she ran in with him and showed him all the bruises she had discovered that morning.

"We have to report that Juliette!"

"I don't feel any pain, I'm fine, I just need to talk to my brother," She said calmly, leading him towards her brother's friends.

"Are you sure about this Jules?" He asked once more.

"Axel, you're overthinking," She comforted, approaching her brother, she tapped him on the shoulder lightly, "Miah?"

"Oh, Julie! Why are you talking to me?" He asked, eyeing the injury.

"I was attacked by someone, badly, come on! I know I've been kicked out the family, but that doesn't mean I don't still love you Jerry," She tried.

"I've been forbidden to-"

"Jeremiah I will tell mother about your night with Alyssia Carnell in your room when you were-"

"OKAY, what do you need from me?" He yelled, shushing her abrubtly.

"Help from my older brother," She whispered, he sighed and led the duo away from his sneering friends.

"Fine, just tell me what you need me to do," He shrugged.

"Watch Leta, and do you have any of that herbal ointment potion stuff that we created? For the bruises?" She asked he nodded and ruffled through his bag before pulling it out.

"Thank you Miah," She grinned widely, wincing when they high fived due to the bruises on her arm.

"You're hurt in other places?"

"Yeah, whoever attacked really had it out for her, she has bruises all over her body," Axel explained.

"I'll keep an eye on Leta, don't worry, I won't rest until I know she's asleep, and if anything else happens you let me know okay?" Jeremiah smirked before heading back to his friends.

"So he can be a big brother," Axel chuckled, she swatted him lightly and giggled.

"Yes, I suppose he can, now come on, I need to return a library book," She smiled, skipping away back to the corridors, she glanced behind her and then met eyes with Leta, for an unknown reason she was approaching at an ungodly pace.

"Axel, you go ahead, I'll catch up," She yelled, knowing Axel would keep going anyway.

"Juliette, what an honorable coincidence, I may require your assistance actually, you see, there's a Demiguise, he's lost, can you help me help him?" Leta requested.

"Uh, sure?" She nodded, Leta knew that neither Newt or the other one bad the heart to leave a creature in need, however much danger it would put them in, so naturally, Juliette followed her warily down to the Forbidden Forest.

"Was it you?" She asked, Leta turned her head to the side slightly and put on a clueless expression.

"Was what me?"

"Nevermind, I'm just paranoid," She shook her head, scared to ask any more questions.

"So what happened?" Leta then asked, supposedly seeming absent-minded.

"When?"

"When you were bitten, it was here right?" She questioned, Juliette nodded slightly.

"I was tending to some animal and then I was attacked out of nowhere, it was... well, I'd rather not speak about it," She shook her head.

"Understandable, It would be such a shame if you were attacked in the woods again," Leta muttered.

"Sorry? Why bring that up?" Juliette giggled.

"Oh, no reason, apart from this," Leta giggled slyly before shoving her arm into Jules' side, Juliette douvled over and was met with a force colliding with the back of her head.

"That's for stealing the heart of my one true love," Leta snarled, Juliette clutched her bleeding head before blacking out.

-

She woke up late in the night, feeling the biting chill of the Scottish winds nipping at her skin, she felt something warm on her shoulder.

As she opened her eyes she connected with large amber ones, but really large amber ones, and not human ones, they were definetly the size of tea saucers.

A weird and quiet shriek-like noise came from its mouth, she saw that it was holding her head when Leta had hurt it.

"Hello, you're not a human," She giggled, combing her fingers through its long white fur.

The creature let out more chirps, she could sense it was telling her to go get help.

"Only if you help me," She sighed, groaning when the air was once again on her wound as the Demiguise's hand left the patch.

It held her hand as she hobbled towards the castle, as she reached the steps it helped her stay upright, she snuck in through the door and approached the corridor leading to the stairs to the medical wing.

As she reached the door to the hospital, she knocked with all her strength, at this point, it wasn't a lot, so the Demiguise copied her actions and hammered on the door.

"Oh, my, Miss Apollo! What have you been up to? And who's this?" The nurse questioned, smiling warmly.

"I don't think I can talk right now," She gasped as her head throbbed and spluttered more blood.

"Of course, but I will have to send your little friend back to wherever he came from, no animals allowed in the hospital wing I'm afraid," She explained, Juliette nodded and told the animal she woukd meet him when she was better.

"Here, take some of this," The nurse commanded, "It will help you sleep," She smiled as she passed her a vial of a dark liquid, she couldn't quite see the colour in the light she had but she drank anyway, falling straight into a slumber she thought she would never wake from

~

Hey, so my excuse this time was that I was on vacation and I went to tenerife and they thought I might have gotten Coronavirus but I'm okay, they were just panicking, I'm fine, I thought I would do a double upload of two messy chapters as an apology.

A reminder that I love you all and protect yourselves out there

Please don't be ghost readers! If you like something, point it out! If I make a mistake, please say, and if you have any suggestions, you can tell me anywhere!

Love ya'll

-Alex