23

Newt had waited, not for long, only a few weeks, collectively known as a couple of months, he was excited, but incredibly nervous.

From what people had told him or he heard them whispering in the corridors, Newt had changed, not in a bad way as he heard from Axel in the library once.

"Looking hot Scamander, it's like your face has changed into a man that's a million times more attractive than you"

"Uh, wow, thanks Ax, um, I'm not sure how to take that"

He didn't see it, but he never sees it, in what world is Newt Scamander handsome? Never.

He hadn't spoke to Axel as much as he did when she was around, but they remained civil friends.

"Come on Newton, you're gonna miss the train!" Leta beckoned him over, he could now tell what she was waiting for, she wanted to see his brother again.

Strangely, when Newt confessed his love for Juliette, Leta had gone after the older Scamander brother, eight years older if you wanted to be precise.

"It's okay we have an hour,"

"Newtie, what have we learnt about dawdling for the train, we didn't get compartments that were empty last time," Leta whined.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming," He chuckled, for nothing could bring him down from today, he finally would get to see Juliette again, even if it was only for a minute.

"Come on!" She moaned, dragging him out of the dorm.

Staying with the boys wasn't as bad as it may have seemed at first, there were occasional hookups with girls from different houses and sometimes they would drink and party but it wasn't anything he couldn't handle and avoid.

As they climbed onto the train they sat in an empty compartment, Newt setting out his pass-time activities such as books and Pickett, Leta getting comfy with a view of the sky.

"Okay, because this is a long journey and I basically have you trapped here, I can tell you everything and you can't run," Leta said excitedly, sitting up and looking at him.

"Mildly creepy,"

"But insanely interesting,"

"Proceed,"

"Okay so, you know how people whisper about you in the corridors and stuff?" She asked, he nodded, already lost in embarrassment, "Well, it turns out that a bunch of these girls in our year, and all years, find you to be a Sheik, thats what they call you,"

"Sorry a what now?"

"A Sheik, it's new slang, it means an insanely attractive man, that all the girls swoon over and love," She sung, purposefully to make him embarrassed.

"I'm not a Sheik,"

"Some might even say that some boys called your Juliette a Sheba, you're known as the Sheik and the Sheba,"

"I hate to ask, but what?"

"A sexy and/or seductive woman,"

"Oh for Merlin's sake," He chuckled, making her smile.

A few hours passed. Since the 'Sheik and Sheba' had started dating, Leta had been a lot more of a pleasurable companion, he found it nice.

"Almost there, we're basically a minute away," He mumbled to himself packing his things in his bag.

He climbed off the train when it stopped, scanning the area, he greeted his parents who had been updated on the whole situation and then quickly hunted for Juliette.

"Newt!" He heard her call, turning around and rushing over.

"Oh, Jules I've missed you!" He gasped, she collapsed into his arms in an overwhelming embrace, as she pulled away he saw her face, it was beautiful, more than ever, but a large bruise ran across her cheek, she looked away so he couldn't see it.

"People are calling us the Sheik and Sheba, apparently both mean attractive," He giggled, changing the subject.

"Juliette who is this boy you're talking to?" A stern woman with her hair in a bun asked as she strutted over.

"Just some Half-Blood that came over to talk to me, I'm just sending him off," She lied, Newt expected this.

"Well come along Juliette, we must be leaving, go on, tell him what I told you to say," She commanded.

"Oh God, okay," Juliette whispered, "I'm sorry,"

"You mean nothing to me. I feel nothing for you. You. Are. Nothing." She spat, as her mother turned her back she hugged him quickly, kissed his cheek and mumbled 'I'm sorry' over and over.

"It's okay, go before they get suspicious," He told her, she smiled lightly, falsely, he could see it.

He knew it was forced and a lie, but it still hurt, like she had just shot a dagger straight into his chest, he could only imagine what it would be like if she had said that and meant it.

She didn't mean it, did she?

No, no, she apologised too many times for that.

He decided to give up and say goodbye to other people. His mother, when safe to, grabbed his cheeks and kissed his forehead many times.

"Look at how you've grown my handsome little boy!" She grinned squeezing his shoulders.

"Oh, I know, Leta said people call me a Sheik,"

"Oh my Merlin we have a Sheik in the family," His mother laughed at the modern slang he had introduced to them, he laughed.

"So how was dear Juliette, still okay?"

"Well she was lovely until her mother came over, whatever her mother forced her to say made her really apologetic, she didn't mean it but it still hurt,"

"Aw, honey, I know for a fact she didn't mean it, we know her, you know her, everybody knows that she wouldn't do anything like that and mean it.

"What if she's changed? She's been locked in a persuasive, manipulative household, it was a high possibility-"

"Newt, that girl loves you, it hasn't changed, I promise," Hope assured him, he nodded, still swirling wih doubt in his mind.

"Yeah, I love her too,"