THREE

"Pickett! I wouldn't have let him keep you, Pick, I would rather chop off my hand than get rid of you, what about Juliette? Oh come on, we've talked about sulking before, haven't we? Pickett... Come on, give me a smile. Pickett-"

Pickett stomped his foot and blew out a raspberry at Newt who tutted.

"Now that is beneath you," He sighed, chuckling slightly and putting the leafy creature back in his pocket before beggining to sort different food in buckets for his creatures.

"Newt, who is she? The girl from the pub?" Queenie asked, holding a photo frame.

"She's Juliette, she's no-one of your importance," Newt dismissed, but felt Queenie continue to stare at him, "Please don't read my mind"

He felt her eyes continue to bore into him so he looked up at her.

"Sorry, I believe I asked you not to,"

"I know, I'm sorry, I can't help it, people are easiest to read when they're hurting," She apologised.

"I'm not hurting, I just... miss her, that's all," He shrugged, not meeting her eye.

"That was a real close thing you had at school," Queenie nodded along.

"Who are we talking about?" Jacob asked as him and Tina approached.

"The girl at the bar just now," Queenie said shortly, trying to hide the photo frame for Newts own privacy.

"Juliette, she was very special to me, I think the lack of any closure really affected me when I was younger," Newt explained shortly.

"Is that a picture if you both?" Tina asked, taking the frame out of her sister's hands and looking at it mildly jealously.

"Oh, yes, I kept anything she gave me, or anything that was left behind, she gave me Pickett for my birthday, that day must have been the worst birthday I'll ever of had," He muttered before Queenie squeaked.

"Mister Scamander!" She scolded, holding her ears and shaking her head.

"Oh, my Lord no, please tell me you didn't see that, I really didn't want that! Leta was- She was- I swear I'm so sorry, God Juliette hated me that day, it was the worst feeling I had ever felt in my life, letting her down, I have honestly never felt more alone than when Juliette wasn't around," He said, raising from his seat and apologising to Queenie.

"So Juliette, she was... what to you?" Tina trailed.

"The only girl I ever truly loved, if not, the last girl that I ever, nobody is like her, nobody made the same dent in my life, I have to find her before I go home, I have to talk to her, even if it is just some final goodbye," He shrugged before a struck of thunder suddenly soared through the case, startling them all.

"He senses danger,"

~

Hey lubnubs!

I'm so sorry for the lack of pure updates but I'm so shocked that we reached 4k reads??? Wth????

This was a short one because I couldn't really advance properly without starting a new chapter, but you better be prepared because it's a big one next :P

I love you all <3

-Alex