FIVE

"Axel! Ax! Come here!" She yelled up the staircase.

"Jules! I thought the Ministry got you for good!" Axel sighed in relief, running to greet her.

"Oh, they could honestly never do that, it's impossible to keep me arrested for long," She giggled.

"That's proven to be true," He smiled, barely even flinching when the banister shattered after he placed his weight upon it.

"Newt offered I go back to London with him," She said happily.

"Oh," He muttered, his smile slowly dropping, "Just... Just you?"

"Well I suppose you'd be able to come too! We wouldn't just leave you I'm sure!"

"Newton never to a liking to me as he did to you,"

"That doesn't mean he'd leave you,"

"But he might,"

"But its Newt! You know he wouldn't!"

"I take it we're not paying," He mumbled, bringing the mood down drastically.

She sighed, brushing past him and going to pack her things, there weren't many. Although how could she possibly leave the things she had kept safe all these years.

She poured water on her bed-sheets and wiped her face and arms before chucking them into the corner. She turned to her well-loved lavender plant and crushed it up into her water glass before tracing the oils through her clothing.

"Well, you're scrubbing up for someone,"

"I don't want to be a noticeable poverty-ridden homeless girl when I'm on the ship do I?" She shrugged, coming through her hair with a comb she had carved herself over time.

Their home, over the years, had been a run-down little building that had been abandoned after it caught fire a couple of years after they'd arrived.

There was no clean water or electricity in their whole area and their resources had always been scarce. Their wands had been battered and beaten, his had broken once. Neither had beds but had layered enough rags and blankets on top of each other to give them a sleeping surface.

She stood up, dusting off her dress and sighing, she'd done the most she could do to be presentable.

"Won't Newt have some kind of rich friend who would let you use their shower?" Axel asked, she rolled her eyes and turned to him.

"Axel, will you leave this alone? Perhaps there might've been, but I won't bother him with that will I? Why are you being such a nag about this? We slaved our socks off trying to earn enough to go somewhere new and now you're complaining that we've been given this opportunity!" She questioned, picking up whatever she needed, "Newt is waiting, Axel, if you want to stay then I wish you the best of luck,"

Axel nodded once, Juliette nodding in return, they had sealed it.

Their fate.

She was yet again parting with her best friend just to go and run away with the other.

-

She walked up to the address Newt had given her, 679 West 24th Street, it was in a nicer part of the city, she saw the building and walked inside and up the stairs, just as he had told her.

She walked up to the door and knocked gently, this wouldn't be his temporary lodgings, she could tell.

"Oh, hello there honey! You must be Juliette, Mr. Scamander is just in here," A blonde lady giggled as she opened the door.

"Juliette! You came! Where's Axel?" Newt greeted, embracing her and then looking around curiously.

"He decided not to come, it was a shame really but I'll write," She explained.

"That's really quite unfortunate, I haven't seen him in so long, oh, yes, Juliette this is Tina and Queenie, I believe you saw them at the station,"

"Yes, I remember, sorry if I'm not quite as well-groomed as you expected," Juliette apologised.

"Nonsense, anyone is welcome here, although if you wanted to you're free to use our facilities," Tina offered to which Juliette accepted politely.

"I can't wait to go back to London, perhaps pay Dumbledore a visit!" She gushed as Tina led her through the small living space.

"I suppose that can be arranged, I'm glad you're excited,"

"Me too,"

~

Wow long time no see

Turns out I forgot to hit publish

Oop-

-Alex