17

The next morning, Newt woke up and saw Juliette at her desk again, scribbling away on a new piece of parchment, most probably a new drawing.

"Morning," She called.

"Good morning," He yawned, "What did Axel give you last night?"

"A gift," She shrugged.

"Juliette, I get that you're mad, I really do, and I'd really like to say sorry, please, pray do, accept my most sincere apologies," He begged, she shrugged again slightly and nodded a little.

"Okay," She mumbled, getting up from her seat, "I'm going to breakfast,"

"See you there," He smiled hopefully, longing for a bright every-day smile back, but he didn't get that, he got a half-promised, polite smile, tight lipped and stiff, "Did you hurt yourself?"

"What?"

"Did you hurt yourself?" He asked, eyeing the large bruises on her neck.

"No, I'm fine, leave me be,"

"Juliette you know you can talk to me,"

"I know, stop prying," She snapped, instantly recoiling with tears in her eyes, picking up her books and going to leave the room.

"Jules-"

"Don't you dare 'Jules ' me Scamander,"

"Please just talk, what happened, I want to know you're okay,"

"It was your "buddy", now leave me be," She demanded, swiftly glifing out of the room with a loud slam behind her.

It was strange when Juliette was mad, it was like she stayed calm, but she wasn't. The best way for Juliette to relieve stress and anger was through creative outlets, Newt had learnt this from such close observation, turned out she would draw her emotions or maybe take stress out of breaking things.

"Buddy? Leta?" He repeated to himself, disgusted.

"Hey, knock knock, I brought you the finest, Pain au Chocolat!" Leta cheered, running into his dorm.

"You know, you should actually knock," He muttered.

"There's nothing I haven't seen, Newt," She giggled, making him shameful without her knowing it.

"But what if Juliette was in here instead,'

Leta ignored him and took a bite of her food, "You know, she's a nice little thing, but she loves it here too much," Leta sighed.

"What do you mean 'loves it here'?" He asked, slightly confused.

"She enjoys school too much,"

"Maybe thats because she has nothing else?" He said angrily, "And what did you do to her yesterday?"

"What?"

"She has bruises, Leta, she's hurt and she said it was like it always is,"

"Oh, that, yeah, I was practicing, she was with Axel so I politely waited until she wasn't with him," She explained.

"So you thought of everyone then," He mumbled sarcastically, getting dressed in the bathroom as she sat on his bed.

"It didn't hurt that bad, and it wouldn't have left bruises, that must have been Axels doing," She said slyly.

They made their way to breakfast, Juliette sitting at the end of the Gryffindor table next to axel, so Leta sat with him.

"You see, she's clinging, and she's hiding her neck, if it was a bruise that I did she wouldn't of hid it, meaning she did something in order to get it from- Aha! Look under their table where they sit," Leta deciphered.

"Uhm, okay?" Newt said as he leant down slightly to see their hands resting on top of eachother, like two shy romancers.

"They did something last night Newt, maybe not like I did, but they did something last night," Leta concluded.

- The night before -

"Hey," Juliette smiled as she sat on the roof with Axel.

"Hi,"

"What are you up to all the way up here? And what did you have for me?" She questioned.

"I bought you a book at Hogsmeade, you know, the one you didn't want to waste money on," He grinned as he saw her eyes light up.

"Really?"

"Yes, but I, personally, think you could recreate it better than they did, nobodys 'diagrams and sketches of the creatures of the magical world' would live up to your standard," He smirked.

"You're compliments confuse me," She raised an eyebrow.

"I think you could redraw those creatures in much better detail in this," He smiled fully, pulling a sketchwork book out from behind him and passing it to her.

"Oh Axel, thank you!" She squealed, throwing her arms around him.

"Do you think Newt is okay?" He asked, "I saw what was happening from my dorm room, he didn't want it,"

"I'd rather you didn't bring it up," She shrugged, "What with the whole Leta situation, it hurts to speak about, in a way,"

"I get it, you don't need to explain," He shook his head lightly, placing a comforting hand on hers.

They stayed up there for a long while, only leaving when Juliette almost fell asleep and rolled off the roof, it was safter to depart, Juliette began her walk down towards the Hufflepuff dormitories but was stopped abruptly by some sort of spell.

"Hey Juliette," She heard before everything went black, she recognised that voice.

She woke the next morning and found herself in her bed, she got changed quickly and set up her new drawing book from Axel, it was the only thing that made her happy that morning.

She went to the bathroom and caught herself in the mirror, she hadn't seen the bruises on her neck before, she wondered if she had anymore so she lifted her shirt and saw a large bruise on her side and another on her arm, she couldn't bear to look anymore because they reminded her of darker times.

Jeremiah would know what to do, and maybe Axel would, her brother may have been an absolute dick sometimes but he knew when his little sister needed helping.

She went back to her desk because she knew it was too early for anyone she knew to be awake, around an hour later she heard stirring behind her.

"Morning," She called politely.

"Good morning," She heard him say cheerfully behind her.

~

Okay, also a mess, but a hot mess right, hold on i can make this metaphorical.

The mess and disorder of my chapters clearly represents the ups and downs of life as a teenager in school, with new things such as relationships and studies life can get hard and the chaos of the chapter clearly represents that.

(You can clearly tell i had an english exam last week (I PASSED THATS GOOD) so my mind isn't with it rn^^^)

See you soon bambinos

-Alex