22

"Today, class, we will be revisiting our Boggarts concept, our last Boggart practical before the exams, from then on it will be theory, the examination board will expect you to know this," Dumbledore announced, bringing in the boggart container once again.

"Are you okay?" Newt asked, Juliette nodded lightly, feeling a sickness grow in her stomach.

"Form an orderly queue, every person will get a go, please and thank you," He commanded, an instant hustle caused many people to be shoved and pushed, Juliette ended up a lot higher in the line that she could have wanted.

As the queue in front got shorter, the usual fears such as lonliness and spiders was conquered, but Juliette knew.

"Juliette, you don't have to do this, I know what you saw last time, will it have changed?" Dumbledore asked when it was close to her turn.

"It's changed, I know it, but I also know how to stop it," She smiled fakely and stepped forwards as Gilly Palmer, a Ravenclaw, finished her turn.

The boggart spun, it seemed to spin forever, and when it landed, there stood her mother, tall and proud, but disgraced at the sight of such filth.

"Juliette Apollo do you understand the shame you have brought upon your family? And expulsion! How ever dare you! I am repulsed, do you know what this means you will receive? Punishments, and you know exactly what. Your brother never gets into such predicaments, why can't you mimic his mannerisms? You know what you should be expecting, and I hope you know it won't be lighthearted."

"I do, mother," She whispered, "I really do, but I have to... Riddikulus,"

The class had never been so silent, Dumbledore was astonished, in all his years of teaching he had never witnessed such sinister interactions between a creature and a human.

The Boggart spun into a small Demiguise, she laughed at it lightly while wiping tears off of her scarred face, going over to the chairs and tables pushed into the corner and sitting on them, the students watched her like a hawk, Newt instantly went to sit with her.

"Class dismissed" Dumbledore announced, waving his arms towards the door, to escape the awkward and depressing atmosphere, the students all scrambled to the hallway.

"You okay?" Newt asked quietly, perching next to her.

"I don't want to go back, I can't, they'll hurt me," She whispered.

"Juliette, we are trying, you have people here that love you, we are doing our best to change the outcome, but this is proving harder than we thought," Dumbledore apologised, standing in front of them.

"It's okay, besides, when the worst comes to worst, you have to deal with it, worrying only means you suffer twice, there's no point in dwelling on it, the quicker I'm into it the quicker I'm out," She sighed, getting up and trying to be optimistic.

-

And quick, it was.

The day had come, and they hated it.

"Do you have to leave?" Newt had been complaining all day, and as a pitiful bonus, he was being moved into the shared boy's dormitory after she left unless he wanted to stay with another Hufflepuff girl. But there was nobody else.

"You know I have to, but I'll see you on the platform when we come to pick up my brother!" She smiled, still gleaming with hope.

"You know I'll wait for you, forever and a day, however long your parents hold you," He told her, holding onto her hand like a lifeline, "So I guess this is it,"

"I hate goodbyes, it always sounds like the good things are never coming back," She grumbled.

"Hey, hey, hey, come on, I want to say goodbye properly," He smiled sadly, wrapping his arms around her, she hugged him back, holding the tears inside her.

"Bye Julie," Axel said as she let go, she hugged him too, Jeremiah was unavailable but there was no need for a goodbye from him.

A house elf wandered out of the train and carried her bags inside a compartment.

"I love you," She whispered to Newt, kissing him on the cheek quickly before hugging them both again and then speeding away, straight into her compartment, she waved to no end as the train began to pull away.

Newt turned to Axel who was very openly emotional, Axel had demanded to be expelled with her but with no solid evidence or consent from a willing adult, he was declined the movement, he comforted him until he was on his own, crying silently for one last time in his shared dorm, packing away memories of the years he had lived, the years he loved.

~

Sorry ;-;

-Alex