21

Please listen to this amazing and beautiful masterpiece, it's Aaron Tveit singing Come What May from the musical he currently stars in called Moulin Rouge and it's amazing, and quite fitting actually.

"Morning," Juliette chimed as she sprung off of her bed and leapt onto his, causing him to jump and forcing him to wake up.

"Oh you little- bugger! Hello Pickett!" Newt gasped, first at Juliette but then at the small green creature that copied her movements, jumping off of his shelf straight onto his face.

"You seem chipper, even though you might get expelled,"

"Ah, yes, but I'm not going to, you see, if I'm incredibly well behaved then I might be kept here,"

"You don't know that," Newt muttered sceptically.

"Yeah, I really don't, but I legally can't be expelled, you see, Dumbledore has fallen to be my care-giver, and yet being expelled would mean cutting all relationships with staff at school, which then leads to me living on the streets," She explained.

"Yeah, but, I really don't think Dippet cares as much as people think, maybe you can stay with my family, I'll come home every chance I get and I can meet up with you in Hogsmeade, my mother will teach you I'm sure, and Theseus will definetly help, he likes you best out of my friends," Newt suggested.

"I won't rule it out, but I'm not sure if they'll be happy housing me for such a long time, if I'm expelled then we'll think of something in the few days I'm still here," She frowned.

"Maybe you can still live with Dumbledore, there must be some rule somewhere," Newt shrugged, pulling his shirt over his head to get changed as Juliette went over to her desk.

"Oh, maybe we can find one, but I must go and talk to Axel, I feel so bad," She sighed.

"Very well, I'll start looking in the library while you talk, I won't have you living on the streets, that's certain,"

"The worst thing that can happen is I get taken back to the Apollo Manor," She shuddered.

"That's even worse, they hurt you, I won't accept," He stated cheekily.

"Alright, I'll get ready and go to find Axel, meet in the library?"

"See you there," Newt smiled as she went to get ready in the bathroom.

-

"Ax?" She whispered as she knocked on the large wooden door of the boys Gryffindor dorm, "Ew it smells like mud... and sweat?"

"Hey, don't hate on the dorm, Axel is snoring right now, can I take a message?" One of his dorm mates chuckled.

"I really don't think thats a good idea,"

"Hang on a tick, you're that Juliette girl! The one he was moaning about all night, maybe you can stop his whining when he wakes up," The boy mumbled, heading towards the door.

"Thank you anyway Weasley," She smiled, sitting at the end of Axel's bed and sighing.

"I'm sorry you know," She said quietly, to the sleeping figure which couldn't hear her, but she spoke like it could.

She decided not to wake him and instead hung around in the Gryffindor common room, she got a few odd looks but it was nothing she couldn't handle, it was a full moon the next day and so she had to prepare mentally, which meant she couldn't let other people get under her skin.

It was tiring, and it was hard, and it was painful, the sun outside didn't seem to want to uncover, the common room fires were small and pitiful, the stress of expulsion possibilities was constantly on her mind.

"Juliette? What on Earth are you doing here? Come up, come up," Axel beckoned her over to the dormitory again.

"I came to say I was sorry, you're not somebody I would favour losing, I may not love you romantically, but I love you as a friend, and I hope you'll still help me," She explained, he smiled widely.

"I'm sorry too Jules, and of course I'll still help you, what's my line of duty?" He asked as he hugged her.

"Are you able to tell Jeremiah to keep Leta away from Newt for a while and then you come and meet us both in the library?" She questioned, he nodded.

"I'll see you there,"

"Oh thank you!" She squealed, running back down the stairs and out of the common room.

"Is he okay?" Newt asked as she sat down beside him.

"Yes, we're back to normal, thank you," She smiled, kissing him on the cheek quickly, it made him blush a deep red.

The trio spent hours on end, every day, studying and planning ways to either keep Juliette at school or get her sent to a nice home.

"Maybe I can do work, and help around the school to repay my debts," She suggested, she saw Dumbledore enter the room.

"That won't work Juliette, Headmaster Dippet is making a final ruling tomorrow at six in the evening, you have until then, I would help you but staff are forbidden to be involved," He sighed.

"I'm fighting my battles Juliette, I want you to know that I've been trying, because I want well for you, I want you to finish school," He nodded in conclusion and proceeded to talk to the librarian as he originally intended.

"There's no point in trying, I'm a dead goose," Juliette sighed, frowning.

"No, you're far from it, we'll help," Axel said sadly, even though all of them knew that there was probably no use.

"Lets look at the facts, Leta is evil, Leta hurt you, Leta is a liar, Leta deserves to be in your place, you did nothing, you're innocent, you were almost killed, you shouldn't have to leave," Axel continued, Newt agreed but couldn't help but feel pity for both Leta and Juliette.

"I cannot bring her down, I can't bring myself to," She shook her head, shutting her book calmly and raising from her seat, "We've been at this for six days, it's over guys, I'm going to pack up some stuff to save some time,"

-

The next day at six in the evening, Juliette was escorted by Newt and Axel to the Headmasters office, they waited outside as she tiptoed in nervously.

"Miss Apollo,"

"Headmaster Dippet,"

"It's a shame, such a well-performing student, but some of your unintended behaviours are just too much of a violation, I have concluded that you will be sent away from this school permanently, effective in three days, to give you some time you will leave on Sunday afternoon, I have brought this matter in front of your parents, they will be taking care of you by home-schooling or education in a different establishment until you are your own legal responsibility, send in Axel Potter on your way out, dismissed," He explained shortly, handing her a sealed letter.

"Sir, my parents, you can't-"

"But I have, now, dismissed,"

She slunk out defeatedly with tears brimming her eyes, collapsing into Newt after telling Axel to enter the office.

"Where is he sending you? What's happening?"

"We lost," She sobbed, feeling air escaoe her lungs at alarming rates, "I can't go back, I can't," She begged seemingly to him, but he knew nothing he could do anymore.