15

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEWT!" Juliette yelled, jumping on the now grumpy and hungry 15 year old boy, he growled, smiling slightly and pushed her off the bed.

"Hey!" She gasped, instantly jumping back on the bed, "Look, you're not going to want to miss my gift, he's very excited-"

"He?" Newt sat up slowly and cut her off.

"Yes he, I don't want him to get nervous," She giggled, grabbing his hand and yanking him out of bed, leading him over to her desk.

"Lookie," She commanded, pointing at a box with holes in the top with a ribbon tied neatly upon it.

"I will lookie," He repeated, feeling growing excitement radiating through his body, he peeled the ribbon back and slowly raised the lid of the box, he instantly felt  a gentle grasp on his finger.

"It's a... Bowtruckle!" He exclaimed, marvelling at the small leaf-like creature dangling off of his sleeve, "Oh thank you Juliette!" He laughed, embracing her warmly.

"What will you name him?" She asked, picking at her nails, "Oh, by the way, he picks locks a lot,"

"Why not Pickett then? Sounds good enough," He chuckled, watching the small animal crawl up his arm.

"Cute name,"

"Thank you m'lady,"

"No problem Monsieur,"

-

It wasn't long before Leta had stolen Newt away for a few hours, Juliette then went to the Quidditch pitch where she knew a certain somebody would be finishing up his practice.

"Apollo!"

"Potter!"

"How have you been?" Axel asked as he walked over with his broom and his forehead dripping with sweat.

"I've been a lot cleaner than you have," She smiled, he shook his head like a dog and scattered the liquid all over her.

"Axel! That's disgusting!" She squealed, holding up a book to block it.

"Where's Newton? Isn't it his birthday? Shouldn't you both be devouring a birthday cake in your dorm while you both read fairy tales?" He teased as he put his broom into the shed.

"Don't be so stupid, your really think Leta would let me have him for his whole birthday?" She scoffed, laughing slightly.

"Well, maybe one year Apollo," Axel sighed as he flung a comforting arm around her shoulder.

"You know, I hate you," She gagged as she removed his soaked arm from her figure.

"But you love me,"

"But I also hate you,"

"Love"

"Hate"

"Love"

"Hate"

"Love"
"Hate"
"Love"
"Hate"
"Lov-"

"Potter! Go shower!" Hendrick Weasley demanded.

"Wait here for me Apollo, I'll be ten mimutes max," He told her, sprinting into the shower rooms.

Ten minutes really doesn't fly when you can see your best friend laughing with a girl on his birthday the other side of the field near the lake.

"Okay Apollo, what have you got planned for today?" She heard next to her, Axel Potter, he had been there for her for a long time now, and when she was around him there was a sort of gut feeling, but she wasn't sure what the feeling was telling her. He was an idiot, but he was a lovable idiot, one that she could literally spend whole weeks with.

"Nothing, absolutely no plans," She grinned, tearing her eyes away from his hair.

"I like nothing-days, I find them to be the most fun," He said, grabbing her arm and running into the castle, she didn't know where he was taking her, but at this point of a Saturday, she didn't really care.

"Come on, I found a new viewpoint," He whispered, like he was showing her something rule-breaking, most likely, he was.

They stopped at the window before the Ravenclaw tower staircase and he lifted the latch, which somehow still worked even though it was as old as the building, he climbed out onto the ledge and disappeared.

"Oh Merlin! Axel? You didn't fall did you?" She said, hoping deeply for a response.

"No, I climbed," She heard echo.

"Brilliant!" She giggled, climbing upon the ledge herself, she heard bounding footsteps heading over.

"Juliette! Get down this instant!" Dumbledore yelled, she smiled before Axel helped her climb up, "Oh Juliette what have I raised you to be?" Dumbledore asked himself.

"Come on, ignore him, follow me" Axel smirked, leading her over to the top of the roof and to one of the towers, she climbed up to the top and sat on one of the pointless balconies.

"Why do they have a balcony if there are no doors to it?" Juliette asked, sitting next to him.

"So only we can sit on it," He said cheekily, "Now look, I wanted to talk to you,"

"About?"

"Newton,"

Juliette gave a large groan of disapproval about the conversation but she knew exactly what it would be about.

"It's his birthday, Apollo, and he loves spending time with you, and I want you to know that maybe he chose Leta for a reason we haven't been uncovered to, so I'm here to help try and figure out that reason," He smirked.

Well that wasn't what she expected.

"I suppose it makes sense, he does love spending time with Leta, and he's best friends with me, maybe he has two best friends, like I do, I suppose that wouldn't be absurd," She rambled.

"Just put this around your ear," He stated, handing her a funnel-shaped piece of metal connected to a little box, he had one too.

"You know that Leta always has her hair tied up with that headband?"

"Yes, I've noticed, Newt made it,"

"Well, I rigged it to this machine so now we can hear everything they say,"

"Isn't that dishonest, disloyal?" She mumbled.

"If you dont want to listen, I'll just tell you what they're saying,"

"Give me the funnel," She sighed, pressing it to her ear.

"Listen, Leta, there's something I've been meaning to tell you,"  It was the distinct voice of Newt, crackling through the homemade machine, now what could he possibly have to say?

~

Mwuhaha

I'm sorry about such a big time skip, but nothing significant really happens when you're 11.

Unless you're Axels descendant and your name is Harry.

Also speaking of, how do you like Axel! I love him and I hope you do too, he will be a significant part of this story so boom, set.

See you in the next one! Which will hopefully be a lot sooner.

-Alex