TWO

Newt got off the boat in New York and one of the first things he noticed was that he felt like he was being watched.

He didn't feel like someone was plotting to kill him or steal from him or anything, he just constantly felt observed, but he ventured on anyway, ignoring the feeling and got caught up in a crowd of Second Salemers, he tucked his wand further into his pocket.

A man stumbled over his case and almost fell face flat, Newt apologised and helped him up, "So sorry, my case,"

"No harm done," The short man nodded, seeming chipper upon his visit to the bank, apparently attracting attention.

"You, friend!" The woman lecturing the public on the topic of magic called out to him, making him jump and start to panic internally, "What drew you to our meeting today?"

"Oh... I was just passing," He told her, not quite meeting her eye.

"Are you a seeker? A seeker after truth?" She asked.

"I'm more of a chaser, really," He answered, hearing a snicker from another crowd member, Juliette would have liked his pun, she would have laughed.

He looked around and saw a girl in a grubby and definetly well-worn dress speeding from the crowd up the stairs towards a small black creature, he realised what it was and began to chase after it too, following it into the bank.

-

Since running into the bank, Newt had been taken to the ministry and asked about his wand permit, then found his case was missing. After that they found out that the man that tripped over his case in the crowd had switched it by accident a few minutes after he fell. They discovered that a multitude of creatures had escaped and were meant to stay at the Goldstein sister house until the next day before finding them again but Newt insisted to his new friend Jacob that they should leave that night.

Newt found his Niffler, and he then did his mating dance and caught his Erumpent, someone had been laughing in the distance though, but he didn't think too much about it.

Then Tina Goldstein turned them in to the Ministry, thinking she was doing a good thing until they were both sentenced to death for trying to destroy New York, which they weren't, quite obviously.

"We need to catch all your creatures so he can't keep using them as a scapegoat," Tina insisted as they stood on the roof of a building, now fugitives.

"There's only one still missing, Dougal, my Demiguise," He told her.

"Dougal?"

"Slight problem is that... He's invisible," Newt explained.

"Invisible?"

"Yes, most of the time,"

"How do you catch something that's invisible?" She asked.

"With immense difficulty," He shrugged, staring over the edge of the building.

"Gnarlack!" She said suddenly, making him jump a little.

"Excuse me?" He said, now looking up at her breifly.

"Gnarlack! He was an informant of mine when I was an Auror! He used to trade in magical creatures on the side," She informed them all.

"He wouldnt happen to have an interest in paw prints, would he?" Newt then questioned, growing happier.

"He's interested in anything he can sell,"

-

Newt and Jacob followed the girls down a small alleyway and tried not to watch awkwardly as they changed into sparkling flapper dresses.

When they knocked on the wall and were allowed to enter, Newt and Tina headed over to a table to wait for Gnarlack when a waiter came over to take their orders for drinks.

"What would you two like to drink?" He asked, Newt not really looking at him, scanning the area for a sign of Gnarlack.

"Uh, I'll take a Chocolate Liqueur and um..." Tina trailed, nudging Newt to encourage him to take his order.

"A Gillywater for Mr. Scamander, I'll get them right out to you," The waiter interrupted,  going to walk away.

"Hang on, what?" Newt muttered, looking up and only seeing a mop of black curls disappearing into the crowds.

-

Queenie and Jacob were standing at the bar talking while Jacob was trying Gigglewater, when a short, ragged girl tripped into her, sending a tray of empty glasses flying.

"I'm so sorry!" Queenie apologised.

"Oh! No! I'm sorry! I ran into you, you did nothing!" She waved off, waving her battered wand to clean the mess, when she placed the now fixed glasses on the side she turned and saw Newt handing over Pickett.

Queenie was filing boredly through her memories and thoughts when suddenly thousands of them started screaming about Newt, she covered her ears and flinched before looking at the girl intently.

"You know Newton?" She asked, Jacob standing beside her.

"Uh, I..." She stuttered, stumbling backwards, "Axel!"

"Wonder what that was all about," Jacob mumbled before somebody yelled.

"MACUSA ARE COMING!"

The chaos those words had created had no right description, Newt and Tina shot out of their chairs and Jacob watched as the ragged girl punched Gnarlack square in the jaw to retrieve Pickett.

"Newt!" She yelled, being pulled back towards Axel by the wrist who was trying to apparate away.

"Juliette?" Newt said as he perked up and scanned around him quickly, "Jules!" He exclaimed.

"Newton!" She yelled, running towards him, Newt was starting to he pulled back by Tina to apparate somewhere safe and she was still being held by Axel, who Newt now pinned as the man who took his order earlier.

They reached out to eachother but in the seemingly spaced out moments, their hands were just out of reach, Pickett jumped onto Newt's arm before he was gone.

"No!" She cried, suddenly being released from Axel's grip and stumbling clumsily to where Newt just stood, she felt herself be stopped by members of MACUSA.

~

We're back baybeeeee

Sorry if this isnt great, the world is crazy right now and im very busy

But i hope y'all have a good one!

-Alex ;-;