14

It turned out that the way she reacted to being left out at the dinner table was purely because she was brand new to the Scamanders, she wasn't familiar with their ways yet, but alas, she was comfortable when it was time to leave.

"Don't leave me uncontacted Newt, and it was entirely lovely to meet you Juliette, I hope it wasn't the last time," Hope smiled kindly to the duo through the train compartment window.

"You too Mrs. Scamander," Juliette grinned back as the train started to move away from the station.

"That, believe it or not, was one of my favourite Christmases," Newt chuckled while they travelled through the countryside.

"But I ruined it for you,"

"Will you quit saying you ruined it for me?" He chuckled, "I've never really had a Christmas that fun, aside from the dinner situation this was the best one yet, Christmas is never perfect, and my family normally mess up something really bad, you did really well to be perfectly honest," Newt explained, "I have another present for you by the way, but it has to wait until we're at Hogwarts,"

"But if you give me something else I'll feel even worse, you already made me something beautiful, and I feel bad even so," She mumbled.

"Never feel bad, I like giving you things, whether you return the favor or not, and this one is really important, it could change part of your life," He said cheekily.

"I'm not sure I want you changing my life if you have a face smirking at me like that," She said worriedly.

"It's not bad, I promise, and you've kind of already seen it,"

-

"YOU WERE THE QUOKKA?!" She yelled at the top of her lungs in their dorm, they had been back for a few minutes and Newt couldn't wait any longer to show off his animagus form that he worked on for her.

"Guess what, when you have a transformation, I can come with you, I can help you," He squealed like a young child.

"Newt, thats... I'm... I'm flattered, but I could hurt you, so badly, so very badly and I don't want you to take that chance," She explained with a frown.

"That's a risk I would be willing to take whenever I can," He chuckled, she felt tears welling in her eyes so she embraced him tightly, "There's no need for tears, we'll be fine,"

-

Since then, the two had practically been stuck together even more apart from on Thursdays, though, Leta liked to approach them a few times a day which seriously upset Juliette, but for Newt she kept her smile.

By the time it was the Easter break the duo were incredibly happy with Newts transformation, so far, Juliette had not harmed him badly as a wolf, but she got close to murder every time Newt called her werewolf form 'cute'.

Alas, it was almost summer again, and the two were slowly growing into teenagers, much to Hope's dismay, Newt was growing out of his clothing faster than anyone she had ever known, and Juliette had agreed to stay with Dumbledore over the summer which he was delighted about.

There was no doubt at the fact that the duo still met up almost every day though, they loved eachother, platonically of course, and they were willing to spend any time together.

On full moons, they met up in a forest, because Hogwarts wasn't close enough for either of them to go, Newt would help her during the night and then they would go back to Dumbledores in the morning after to make it look like - to Newts parents - that they were having a sleepover.

The routine would carry on like this, every month, and even though she didn't have her own brain on those nights, the days that Newt couldn't make it she felt lonely and it kind of upset her wolf in general.

As the second year began it was in full swing, just this once, so Newt could have some time with Leta, Juliette went to school a few days early with Dumbledore. This helped her get some homework done and gave her a small bit of private time in the dorm she still shared.

~

Hopefully this one will be a double upload because this chapter was a bit scattered and messy and wtf is going on i dont know any more.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, emphasis on hope because this chapter sucked.

Because they're so young in their first years I may have to skim through the next two years until 3rd or 4th so we can spice some stuff up.

Etc. Etc. See you in the next one you lovely human beings

-Alex