Chapter Five

'Me?' I could barely hear myself talk as the pushing continues behind you and the talking noise level raised.

The tall security guards nods as he helps open the barrier just enough for me to slip through. I take Luna's hand but it was torn apart before I realised that they had closed the gate on her. 'Uh, that's my best friend. I'm not going alone' I say to the security before he quickly nods, realising his mistake and reopening it for Luna. 

I let out a shaky breath, holding Luna's hand again so we didn't separate as we followed someone in a Free Time tour shirt to the side of the stage. Luna and I kept going, pretending we couldn't hear the whispers from behind us. f

'What the hell is going on?

'Is she meeting Ruel?

'Why did she get through?

'Does she know Ruel?

'Is she allowed to do that?

I find myself side stage just in time for Hard Sometimes and Younger. It was amazing, watching it from a different angle, it felt different. The show closed with Ruel waving goodnight to the crowd and I feel a tap on my shoulder. 

Luna and I both turn around to see Nate, Ruel's manager standing behind us with a clipboard and one earpiece hanging out his ear. Luna had shown me pictures of everyone in his life since she found out that I was in contact with him and I weirdly remembered Nate. 'Oh my god. Hi, Nate' Luna spits out her words as if she is more starstrcuk by Nate than Ruel himself from the first time we met him. 

'Hey. Who's April?' Nate asks as Luna quickly points to me and quickly share a small smile at Nate, 'Great. Do you both want to follow me? Ruel is in the green room'

I nod, still very confused but the nervous butterflies were coming back. I feel like I needed to vomit as I hear everyone leaving the crowded hall from the audience. 

After a minute of following Nate through long hallways, we arrived at a blue door. Nate holds the door open as Luna and I walk in to see his sister. I am being completely honest, I forget the name of her but my eyes quickly focused on Ruel, sitting on the couch on his phone. 

He looks up at the sound of the door squeaking, his eyes lighting up and a smile slowly grows on his face. 'Hey April...' I let out a big breath as I look at him again. 

Yep, he's definitely real

'Hi...' 

His sister clears her throat next to me, making us both snap out of our moment.

'Well, I'm Coco but why don't we give them some privacy.' Coco! That's it.

Luna looks at Coco and they both share a smile and nod as if they were already best friends creating a secret plan.

'Of course'  They both smirk as they walk out with Nate, leaving just me and Ruel.

'I didn't think I would find you' he runs his hand through his hair, leaning his other arm on the sofa arm

'Neither. I gave up after Don't Cry' I mumbled in all honesty as he chuckles and then pats the pillow next to him

'Come, sit' I smile and take a seat next to him as he wraps his arm around the back of the lounge. 'Did you like show?'

'Yeah, of course. It was amazing' I smile and he nods, still feeling the awkward tension that I felt like I had created. 

'Good. And thanks' he smiles as I uncontrollably blush

'No problem. Luna really enjoyed it as well' I feel myself start to blabber on as his face slightly faces but he continues to talk

'So, you aren't a fan? I mean, you said that Luna got the tickets so...did you even want to come?' he furrows his eyebrows and I take a deep breath in. 

He was really hitting me with those questions

'If I'm being honest, I didn't want to go to the pop-up shop...Waking up at 7am...ehh... I'm not a major fan like Luna...I mean, she loves you! She-'

'If I wanted to know about Luna, I would've brought her here...I want to know you' he cuts me off and I look to the ground, fiddling with my fingers.

Well that's embarrassing

'Sorry...I ramble when I'm nervous' I mumble and he shuffles forward in his seat to become closer

'You're nervous?' I throw my head back and cover my face, my face now getting warm as well. I could feel yourself blush as Ruel chuckles beside you. 'Its cute, don't worry'

I remove my hands to see Ruel staring at me with a smirk on his face. He knows what he just did. 

'I have something to ask...W- Would...um...' He clears his throat as he takes your hands in his. My heart beat faster than ever before, our first piece of physical contact that wasn't the hug from him in the pop- up shop. 'Would you like to come to my Sydney show?

 '...W-What?' I barely get out your words.

He wants to me to come to his show in Sydney. With all his friends? Out of all people?

'We'll pay for your flight, hotel, you can come backstage again' he now starts to talk about the plans and I felt like my head could unbuckle and fly off at this point.

'What? W-Why?' I stammer out again, his thumb grazes along my knuckles as you look down to our hands that were joint together. 

'I want to spend more time with you...I may sound dumb, young and stupid but I feel like I'm just getting to know you and I-'

'Yes.' I quickly made the split-second decision. A one in a lifetime decision

'W-What? Really?' he  seemed surprised and hoennsly, I was surprised that those words come out of my mouth too

'I have to ask my parents obviously but I would love to.' He breaks into a immediate smile and leans forward to plant a soft kiss on my cheek, making the blood rush up to my cheeks. 

'Great. I'll text you everything' he smiles and I sigh with relief. 

'I should probably go but um...thank you for tonight' I smile and he nods. 

'Anytime. Text me?' he asks, hopeful but I stand up. 

'We'll see' I give him a small smirk as he rolls his eyes before I close the door behind me.

RUEL'S POV

I watch her as she closes the door and I jump up from the couch, giving the air a hard fist pump. I couldn't be happier she was coming to Sydney. I didn't know what I was gonna do if she said no. I didn't plan the conversation in my head for if she said no.  

Coco comes in as I'm celebrating and I stop immediately. 'I'm guessing she said yes?'

'Yep. Couldn't be happier' I run my hand through my sweaty hair and collapse onto the couch again in relief. 

'Clearly. Can I have her number? I wanna text her' she says pulling out her phone from her skirt's back pocket but I shake my head.

'What? Why? No' I instantly get worried, there's no way she's gonna replace me as April's new best friend

'Come on. I wanna get to know her, I feel like we would be really good friends. Plus, everyone wants to be friends with the most superior Van Dijk' she gives me a look that says 'duh'

'Shut up Coco. I'll give you it later, but please don't say anything embarrassing. I'm trying to impress her' I stand up and grab my phone from the counter. 

'You really like her don't you?'

'This is the first time I'm admitting it but yeah, I really do' I sigh

I was fucked