Chapter Seventeen

APRIL'S POV

I woke up to Ruel already sitting up on his phone with no shirt on. I rolled over to smile up at him

Being Ruel's girlfriend didn't feel any different. It was amazing that we were official and I didn't have to worry about him possibly wanting other girls but I already felt like you were boyfriend and girlfriend since the start of tour. Either way, I still couldn't be happier. 

'You like the view?' he smirks but I just shrug.

'I've seen better'

'Bullshit' I let out a small giggle as he pulls me onto his lap and I lay my lips on his. 

My legs bend so that I was straddling him and he pulled me closer by my waist as we kissed, our lips pushing against each other passionately.

'Oh shit sorry' I climb off Ruel's lap quickly as Nate pulls the door slightly close, 'Um. You guys decent now?'

'Yeah, yeah. Come in' Ruel reassures before Nate walks into the room as Ruel puts his hand on my thigh under the covers

'I'll knock next time but um...Do you guys want anything for breakfast' he asks but I just look at Ruel.

'I'm all good for toast' I respond and Ruel nods in agreeance.

'Yeah, we can do toast by ourselves'

Nate nods and closes the door and I pick up my phone, 'I think I might call Luna'

'Yeah sure. I'll be back. I have to pee'  I chuckle as he throws on a tee shirt and walks out of the room. 

It didn't take long for Luna to pick up.

'Wassup.'

'Hey! How's Australia without me' I ask but she shakes her head.

'A shithole' I chuckle but Luna didn't

'I'm dead serious' she deadpans and I sigh.

'Oh ok. Well, I'm going to be back in a couple days'

'Yeah. I can't wait for you to finally be back' her face lights up but quickly falls again once Ruel comes back into the room and slides back into bed with me.

'Hey Luna'

'Hi'

'You going to the first day back?' I change the subject and try to break the awkward tension. 

'No'

'What? Why not? I can't go into my last term of year 11 without you' I argue but she quickly snaps.

'I just don't want to go. Can we drop the subject?'

'Oh um sure' I say, unsure how to react.

I feel Ruel's hand slide down my back before grabbing onto my ass. I quickly turn to smack his arm but let out a laugh. He smiles and kisses my cheek in response. He knew what he was doing

'Yeah. I'll leave you to it' Luna mumbles and I instantly look at my phone.

'Wait Luna. I-' The call ended before Ruel and I exchange a weird look

'That definitely wasn't the Luna I know' Ruel mumbles and we both sit up.

'You barely know her. But yeah, something was definitely up' I agree but Ruel sighs to move on.

'I think we have to leave in an hour or something so we might have to start getting ready'

After getting ready and the bus driver slept the crew decided to explore the desert area. Joel follows Ruel as he talks to the camera and climbs over rocks.

'So we're in Wyoming right now and in the middle of...nowhere really. And uh...we're here for a whole day because our bus driver is sleeping and... we thought we would go for a little walk... Babe, throw me my hat. I think I just found some shit to film'

I throw him his black bucket hat and he puts it on and continues to talk to the camera. 'We're our in the wild toreine of Wyoming and I think in there we have ourselves a brown rattlesnake. Let's check it out but we gotta be quiet'

He continues to walk over to the hole in the ground and pulls out a snakeskin. He throws it into the air as he runs away swearing. I crack up laughing as he nearly trips over multiple rocks after Joel stops filming. I hate that I found it funny.

It was a long but eventful day and surprisingly it was very entertaining. It was the first time in a while on the tour you got to stay in a hotel and you arrived at the hotel with all your bags and Ruel was stopped by a fan. You stepped back and hope that she didn't realise how close you two were acting.

I laid on top of Ruel as we made out, him occasionally rubbing the side of my hip with his thumb. We had dinner and this was the first time we had a hotel room completely to ourselves. 

The kisses were slow but they quickly sped up and became a lot more passionate. I felt his finger slip under my pyjama pants and graze the seam of my underwear but it quickly got very real and I pulled away.

'Wait...um...Ruel' I roll off him, both of us sitting up and slightly out of breath.

'You ok?'

'I'm sorry but I just can't...I thought I was ready...but I'm just not... I'm sorry' I felt bad as I ran my hands through my hair.

'April..' he cups my head in his hands and looks into my nervous eyes, 'Don't ever apologise for being honest. We're two days into our official relationship, I'm sorry if I pushed it'

He pulls my face to his to kiss my lips. I smile and pick up my phone on the nightstand and turn it on for the first time today. I was honestly so busy today, I didn't have time to check it.

It instantly was notification after notification and I had gained over 1k follow requests and many tags, 'Ruel, what did you post?' I ask with caution but all he was doing was his mouth gapping open and shut, nothing was coming out. 

I clicked on one of the tagged photos and it was a photo of me sleeping on Ruel's chest. It was all I was being tagged in, 'Why haven't I seen this photo before?'

'Because I posted and deleted it on my Instagram story the day before I asked you...' he mumbles and I look to see that he even tagged me in the corner.

'Fucking hell. Great, now everyone knows who I am' I turn my phone off and sigh.

'Its fine. You're leaving tomorrow anyways' Ruel tries to reason but I shake my head.

'But I'm going back to Australia where everyone knows you and now everyone is gonna know me' 

He sighs and runs his hands through his hair but all I could do was crawl under the covers since he wasn't even making eye contact. I didn't want to fight about this more