Chapter Eighteen

RUEL'S POV

I wrapped her warm body against mine as we both woke up to my alarm going off. I kissed her shoulder blade and breathed in her scent. I really didn't want this morning to end. 

Our last morning together. 

She rolled over to face me and I pull her body closer to mine. We didn't talk. We just laid there with each other.

 Eventually, my lips slipped onto hers and her hands ran through my hair. She broke away and finally mumbled, 'I should probably pack'

'Please don't' I beg

'Why?'

'Because then reality hits me that you're actually leaving' I say realistically but she sits up.

'Trust me Ruel, I don't want to leave either but this is the deal I made with my parents'

I force a smile and give her a long kiss before she climbs out of the bed with my tee-shirt hanging just above her knees. 

I watch as she undresses and replaces my tee shirt with my hoodie and some ripped jean shorts. She stuffs my tee shirt into her bag and zips it up before putting her hair into a messy ponytail. 

She was just so gorgeous and I was so in awe of everything she did. Sometimes I would forget the lyrics or worse yet, mess them up because I caught her staring in the crowd or in the sides of the stage. 

She pulled me out of bed and I threw on a random tee-shirt before walking out into the hallway of the hotel where  April could say goodbye to my mum, Michelle and Joel. She gives them all a hug and thanks to them before Nate, April and I catch an Uber to the airport.

'Thank you Nate. For everything you did this tour. I know you didn't have to let me on but you did so thank you' Apriil thanks him but he nods. 

'No problem' I watch them hug at the gate and she faces me and leans into my chest. 

I wrapped my arms around her neck and rested my chin on her head. 'Don't cry please or I'll cry' she mumbles and I bite my lower lip. 

'I'll try not to'

I don't think any of us cared if people saw us kiss because in that moment, I just wanted to spend my last moment with April. We broke apart by the gate manager clearing her throat

'Ma'am, are you boarding?'

'Y-Yeah, sorry' I kiss her cheek one final time before watching her walk down the runway and I felt myself getting choked up watching her disappear onto the plane

'Let's go' I start to walk back to the exit when Nate stops me.

'You don't want to watch the plane leave-'

'No. Lets go'

NATE'S POV

Ruel was completely silent the whole ride back to the tour bus to ride to the venue. I knew he would be upset but he was really heartbroken. He wasn't on his phone, not listening to music, just looking out the window and avoiding any conversation with the Uber driver. 

We arrived back and everyone was already back on the tour bus working on work such as the photographs or the new video diary. He went straight into the back without saying a word to anyone, closing the door behind him. 'Um. Is he ok?' Michelle asks and I sit down next to her.

'His girlfriend just left to go back across the world, what do you think Michelle?' I say and I see Kate sigh from across the bus.

'No, I understand but I didn't think he was this upset' she mumbles and Joel strugs.

'I guess he really loves this girl doesn't he?'

'He does but he definitely won't admit that. They've been dating for 2 days. He would never admit that he's in love' I don't doubt their feelings but I know Ruel.

'Even though it's obvious to us' Kate agrees and Joel stands up.

'I'll go check on him'

'Good luck. He didn't talk at all during the Uber' I open a bottle of water and watch as Joel went up and knocked on the door.

'Hey mate. You want to film some backstage stuff?'

'Not in the mood' I hear his faint voice from behind the door.

'Right. Um yeah. Sorry mate.'

I was praying that this show would go over well