Chapter Seven

april: hey. I was super excited for this but I'm not sure anymore

oneruel: What do you mean? Are you not coming to Sydney anymore?

april : Luna and I got into a fight about the concert and whatever is happening between us. I just don't think Luna is worth losing over a concert

oneruel: Just wait. I'll fix this

I arrived at the movies, already having a bad feeling about her showing up after last nights...conversation.  I sit on the steps as I wait for Luna to arrive but it had been 10 minutes since we were supposed to meet. I continued to scroll through Instagram and Snapchat, thinking that Luna had ditched me, I get up to leave, opening the app to see when the next bus home was. I look up to see her appearing from around the corner and I breathe out a relived sigh, I really wanted to see this movie. 

We approach each other as I give a small smile but she looks at the ground in response. 'I thought you were ditching me' I mumble as she is now standing in front of me

'I would never ditch my best friend' she shakes her head and I nod, still wondering if she was mad.

'Luna, I am so sorry for last night. I just-'

'It's fine' she cuts you off and I furrow your eyebrows, confused

'What?'

'I can't get mad at you for doing this when I would've done the exact same thing if he texted me' she explains and I nod, still not understanding. 

How did she get over this so quickly?

'But you've had a crush on him since...forever. You called dibs even when I didn't know who he was'

'I know but the only reason I called dibs was because I didn't know that it would actually happen. Like, one of us would actually start to catch feelings. I know you just were super excited and you wanted to share that with me. Instead of hanging up, I should've gotten excited with you, that what you would've done if I were in your position. Plus, he knows who I am...How cool is that?' I chuckle and hand her the movie tickets that I had collected earlier. 

Luna pulls out her phone as it vibrates in her pocket. 

'Why did Ruel just request to follow me?' she questions, trying to hide a smile

'Special favour?'

I waited patiently as they texted back and forth, scared and nervous about what they were talking about.

'Uh, yeah, we sorted it out' Luna mumbles as we take our seats in the movie theatre.

'What out? Care to elaborate?' I ask, really curious now.

'He asked me to the show as well, considering we were best friends and he heard from a little bird that I was upset. I said no but I guess it was a nice thing to do'

'What? Why would you say no? You were mad that you weren't invited and when he does, you say no?' I say, even more, confused than I was when they started texting minutes earlier. 

'I'm not going to be a third wheel. No more conversation' she stops me from talking at the lights start to dim.

I guess it was just going to me and him.

Plus his family and friends...