Chapter Fifteen

APRIL'S POV

I woke up and went to sit up when something stopped me. The roof. 

My head made a big sound as I hit the roof and then it came back to me that Ruel and I had slept in separate beds last night. I grabbed my phone before scrolling through Instagram while rubbing my forehead before someone pulled open my curtain. 'I made you breakfast' he says, his hair being in every which way direction. 

I smile and lean out of the bed to kiss him before jumping out of the bunk and onto the floor of the bus. Everyone was already awake and ready for the day which embarrassingly made me look lazy. They were either working on their laptops or on their phones.

'Nice tee shirt' he mentions before I look down at his tee shirt I took from him last night as he gives me a hug

'Whats on the menu for breakfast? Waffles? Pancakes? Waffles and pancakes?' I questions but I could tell from his face that wasn't going to happen. 

'Cereal. I made you coco pops so eat it before it gets soggy' he smiles, proud of himself but I had more concerns.

'How long has that been sitting there?' I  look over at the two cereal bowls sitting on the small dining table

'Um. I don't know. Half an hour?' I shrugs and I can't help but laugh.

'That's gross' 

'It's the thought that counts!' he defends as I chuckle and kiss him on the cheek before walking over and dumping the cereal in the bin

'I'm sorry but I'm not eating that' Ruel pouts his face before pouring his down into the bin as well

'Yeah neither am I. What about toast?' he suggests and I nod.

'Yeah but let me make it'

Ruel stands next to me as I put 4 pieces of bread into the toaster and he starts to talk about the day ahead. 'You ready for the day off?'

'Yes! I'm so excited to finally explore America' I say with exciment.

We both finish our breakfast and the bus drivers drops us and the group off at Nike Headquarters. 

The day was filled with walking around and exploring the Nike Headquarters. Ruel and I both stopped constantly to take pictures and videos about the experience but I was bummed that couldn't post anything because people from my school who were also fans of Ruel could easily connect the dots. 

We were all about to leave and get back onto the bus when Ruel stops and starts to film a bush, 'What are you doing?' I ask but he quickly shushes me as I try and look to see what he was filming. 

I roll my eyes as I see what he was so excited about, 'Ruel, it's a squirrel, get over it'

I start to walk back to the bus when Ruel comes back up, slipping his hand into mine before kissing the top of my head and letting me go back into the bus before him.

We all had dinner together, both Ruel and l were both exhausted so you went into the back room to watch a movie. I had thought about it a lot and finally decided this was a good moment to tell him something that I had been holding onto for a while

'Ruel...Um. Can we talk?'

'Yeah, of course. What's up' he shifts his body towards me, now his second thoughts were on the movie, first on me. 

'So I've wanted to talk to you for a while and this is not coming from me as April, the girl who you've taken on tour. It's just me and I just want to talk to you about it...I just want to thank you...' I took a deep breath in and out before telling him, I wasn't used to opening up to people with this, 'My best friend Bella...killed herself about 2...3 years ago...'

I start getting choked up about it and Ruel could see it. He took my hand, wiping he tear that fell

'When...it happened...I didn't know what to do for a year. I just sat there in pain and hurt knowing that I didn't do anything about it. She was giving signs and I didn't take them in. Then you came out with Unsaid...and the story behind it and I don't know...Something happened and you know, I'm not the only one that's been though something like this...You've helped so many people through stuff like this, including myself and I just want to thank you...So thank you' He kisses me slowly before I rest my head on his chest

'Thank you for telling me...You didn't need to'

'I did...You need to know how much of an impact you truly make'