Chapter Thirteen

RUEL'S POV

April was already on her phone when I woke up. I rolled over, wrapping my arms around her waist before pulling her closer to me so that her back was against my chest. 

She put her phone down and rolled over so that we were face to face before giving me a quick kiss and then resting her head on my chest again

'Morning princess' I mumble out before she replies with a smile against my chest.

'Morning'

I kiss her forehead and then her lips are brought back to mine, waking each other up with soft warming kisses but both jump at the sound of the door opening to a very disappointed Nate. 

I could tell April wanted to pull away from the embrace that we were in, feeling awkward showing PDA in front of everyone but I kept her close to my chest and didn't loosen my grip on her waist

'Look, mate. I know what you're about to say and I don't care' I say bluntly

'We all agreed that you will be sleeping in separate beds' Nate leant against the door and I shook my head.

'No, you agreed. We didn't'

'Tonight, you're sleeping separately.' he clasps his hands together in front of him.

'No, we're not. You do realise that I'm just going to sneak April into my bed again, right? The whole point of bringing her was to get to know her and how are we supposed to do that if we get split up at 12 and don't see each other until 9am? I'm always somewhere where y/n isn't and it's only the first day I already feel like I haven't spent any time with her!' Nate sighs and looks at how close we were. 

He looks at me and back at Apri and he could tell I was dead serious about this girl

'Apri, you can move your stuff in here. Ruel, we'll talk later' I roll my eyes and he closes the door to leave April and I again

'I feel like he doesn't like me very much' she mumbles but I circle my thumb on her hip

'He's just protective of my reputation. I can't grow up and have a bad reputation of sleeping around with girls at 16, you know?' I try to explain but she furrows her eyebrows.

'You're just sleeping around with me?'

Shit that's not what I meant.

'No! No, no no! I really like you April trust me like I'm crazy about you but some people might get that idea into their head if they saw this' she smiles and nods but I could tell she didn't fully buy my excuse for Nate

We finally pull up to the venue after an hour or two and we walk into the cute venue, built with brick walls. April following me as I walk through backstage and as we arrive into the stage area and I wrap her in a tight hug

'I'm so proud of you. Have I told you that?' she tilts her head up to mine. 

'Many times before' I smile before as she giggles and I kiss her soft lips. 

I look over the empty floor before I feel a weight on my back. I grab onto April's legs instinctively and lift her up more. 'Ten bucks that you can't do a lap of the whole venue with me on your back' she says into my ear.

'Fuck yeah. I want 10 dollars' I laugh before starting to run around the back of the venue past everyone giving us everything looks.

I make it down into the floor, spinning her around in a circle. She laughs as she holds on tighter to me and drops down. I couldn't be happier that I found someone who was just as weird as I was.

'Ten bucks. Hand it over'

'I don't have it' she shrugs her shoulders and I drop my head with a smile.

'You're such a loser' she laughs as I grab her by the waist and lift her up.

'I'm on top of the world!' she yells and I look up at her.

'You're weird' I chuckle

I put her down on the ground and I lean in and pull her body closer by her waist. We smile as we kiss and I hear footsteps come from backstage.

'Ruel, you have somewhere to be' I hear Nate's voice from behind us.

'No I don't Nate. Why are you making up shit to get me away from April?' I sigh, this was getting out of hand. 

'April, can you leave? I have to talk to Ruel' Nate asks and April's face falls. 

''Um. Yeah, sure' she kisses me on the cheek before going backstage to the green room. I could tell she was getting more comfortable which was good

'What is it with you and April!?' I uncontrollably snap as soon as she was out of vision,  'What did she ever do to you to make you hate her so much? She's actually upset you don't like her. You haven't, since day one, what's up?'

'I don't want you to get hurt.' he replies more calmy than me, 'Look mate, I know you really like her, you're so genuinely happy and glad you found someone who makes you this happy but what if she's not genuine? What if she's here for the popularity? All the pros of dating someone like you'

'She is genuine Nate. I like the girl and if we didn't spend enough time together, that's when I'm gonna get hurt, we both will. You have to let me have a relationship Nate. April... she's amazing. Please let me be happy. I'm asking her to be my girlfriend within the next couple of days and I need to know that you're going to support it' 

'Alright. I understand but I've always got your back. What do you guys want for lunch? I'll just Uber eats it' Nate offers but I just shrug. 

'Um. I don't know. I'll ask April.'

'I'll do it. I need to talk to her anyways' Nate says and I nod.

APRIL'S POV

I was just about to call Luna to update her when Nate appears in the doorway. 'Hey April. Can I talk to you?'

'Yeah, sure'

'I'm really sorry about the vibe I've been giving off to you. I think the stress and the nervousness of the US leg have built up and caused some really irrational thoughts about you and Ruel. I'm really sorry if you thought I didn't like you because the truth is, you're too good to be true. You've been the first girl who has made Ruel so genuinely happy and I think that's what made me question it. But I know that you are genuine and I'm very happy that you're here'

'Thanks Nate' I reply back, unsure what to respond to. 

'So what do you want to lunch?' he changes the topic but you just shrug.

'I don't know. Ask Ruel' 

'He said to ask you. You guys are so difficult' I chuckle at the coincidence as he leaves the room and I FaceTime Luna. 

She picks up almost immediately. 'Heyyyy. You have an American accent yet?'

'Not quite' I smile before she asks another question.

'You have a boyfriend yet?'

'Not quite' I force a smile but hopefully, it would happen soon. 

'Aw man. He'll ask you soon. I miss you so much' she admits and I nod in agreeance.

'Same'

'You know some girls were giving us shit for meeting Ruel? Imagine what it's like when you announce that you're dating' Luna worries but I shake it away.

'Well, we're not gonna announce it straight away.' I know that we've been pretty secretive about it, but we weren't ready to announce it yet.

'Oh right. Yeah. Well, they were really giving us a hard time about it' she mumbles but I sigh, she was probably just missing me being there to fight for her. I get it though

'Oh well. Teenagers will be teenagers'

'Yeah I guess so' she mumbles, not looking at the screen anymore. 

'I have to go get lunch but I'll text you' I say and her head snaps back to the screen. 

'Oh ok. Yeah. Sure. See ya' I wave and hang up on the call to go back into the bus with Ruel and the team