Chapter Tweleve

APRIL'S POV

I had flown into Sydney that morning to catch a flight to San Francisco later that day. I waited with Ruel as my bags went around the baggage carousel when seeing it, I pointed it out. Ruel rushed to my pink suitcase as I pulled out my phone, hoping to capture as much as these moments on camera together.

'Get my bag bitch' Ruel smiles at the camera and rolls my suitcase over to me before we all start to walk to the international gate for the flight to San Francisco. 

I mostly chatted with Michelle and Kate on the long way there so if Ruel got stopped or noticed by fans, it wouldn't be suspicious that a random girl holding his hand was walking with him to his flight. When he did get stopped and asked for pictures, I tried to just blend in, not trying to hide nor be very loud because both of those options brought attention to me. 

I scanned my boarding pass and passport before starting to board the plane. I quickly learnt that I had the window seat and that Ruel was next to me. He grabbed my bag, helping me to put it into the overhead baggage section. I slid into my seat, Ruel doing the same afterwards. 

The plane quickly started to pull out and he grabbed my hand, rubbing his thumb along mine before giving me a quick peck on the lips. We turn to Nate tapping him on the shoulder, 'Guys' he hinted at a teenage girl a couple rows behind us. 

She wasn't wearing any Ruel merch or such but didn't mean she wasn't a fan.

'Sorry' I pull my hand away from Ruel's, not wanting to upset Nate and start to pull out my headphones to watch a movie when Ruel leans over and whispers to me. 'Don't apologise to him please'

RUEL'S POV

What was even the point of her coming to the US if I couldn't spend the little moments like this with her? I needed to talk to Nate but I didn't know how to approach the situation without him getting mad at me

We headed straight to the venue once we arrived in San Francisco. There were already fans lining up outside the hall so I stopped to talk to them before going inside. I walked in and then April followed in a couple minutes after with my mum and Michelle. 

Her reaction was gold. 

Seeing the empty hall and the stage just completely still, her eyes widened and her mouth dropped. Her smile grew at me and I wrapped her in a hug. 'This is amazing Ruel'

'I'm so glad you're here' I say before I lean down to give her a soft kiss as my thumb strokes her cheek. 

We part away and I hear Michelle walk in. I asked her to do a special favour so I could talk to Nate and Joel without April being there, 'Hey April. Sorry to interrupt but you wanna go for a tour? I also heard you liked videography. I don't know much but I could still help with a camera.' Michelle says before April looks at me.

I nod at her and smile before she walks off with Michelle after giving me one quick peck and Nate and Joel come in from the side door.

'Hey mate. You wanted to talk to us?' Nate says as they both approach me.

'Yeah . Um, it's about April.' I nod and he sighs.

'Look, I'm sorry Ruel but I've already said that you guys can't make it public yet-'

'No, I agree. That's what I'm here to talk about. April and I were talking a couple days ago and we both agree that we aren't gonna keep a secret but we aren't gonna make it public either. We aren't going to make massive deals of PDA but I don't want to keep April away from the whole experience of the tour because we're trying to hide her' I explain and Nate nods along.