Chapter Nine

RUEL'S POV

The crowd was amazing that night. 

The scream and the lights flashing at me. It was the biggest venue I had ever played at but it felt special since it was in my home town. 

I said goodnight to the crowd and got my microphone box taken off me and then I start to head into my dressing room to see Nate, my whole family, Joel, Michelle and most importantly, April. I go around the circle giving everyone high fives to celebrate and when I reach April, I wrap her in a hug as she giggles. 

Cutest thing ever. 

She pulls away as we both could feel everyone in the room's eyes on us. 'I'll be back. I'm just gonna head to the bathroom' she mumbles before I nod and walks past me and out the door.

'You gonna kiss her?' Coco speaks up from the couch

'Yeah. Duh' I roll my eyes and lean on the door frame. 

'Don't fuck this up please' Coco says and tilt my head in confusion. 

'Why?'

'Because we all really like Apirl. Plus, you've been the happiest you've ever been since you met her and everyone knows it' Everyone leaves the room and as Coco walks out the room following everyone else April walks through the door. 

My heart starts instantly beating faster. Do I ask to kiss her? 

Do I just do it? 

What if she doesn't want to kiss me? 

What if she goes for it and I'm not ready? 

I'm snapped out of my spiralling thoughts by April touching my arm and speaking. 'Where did everyone go?

'Oh um. Not sure. Starting to pack up the set I think' I mumble before she nods

'Do you wanna go help?' she asks but I shake my head

'Nah. I have something to do...' She smiles as I step forward and slowly wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me. 

I lean down as she stands on her tip toes to touch my neck. Our lips meet in the middle and it felt like fireworks were going off around me. As I pushed my lips against hers, she did it back and she wrapped her arms around my neck which pulled my body closer to hers. 

Our kisses slow down and soften until we part away and her face drops as she pulls away from my body. I turn around to where she was looking to see Dane, Alex Sunday, Mary & Rob standing in the doorway. 

I instantly felt terrible for April. I look at her at her as she swallowed hard and looked at the ground. I quickly grabbed her hand and gave her a smile. 

She is suddenly reassured and leaned into me, still looking at the ground. 'Hey guys. Enjoy the show?' I ask and they smile

'What one? In here or on stage?' Dane jokes as I roll my eyes

'Shut up Dane' I say before he smiles and high- fives Alex

'We're gonna head to the party so we'll meet you there?' Rob asks and I nod at him as they all walk away.

'Good job tonight Ruel. It was an amazing show'

'Thanks Mary' She gives a quick smile before looking at April and then back at me. She had a look in her eye. 

Sadness? 

Jealousy? 

She was probably just tired. She walked out and I faced April again. 'So that was the famous Mary, Huh?' April asks and I smile