Chapter Eight

APRIL'S POV

Time went slow for the next couple days. 

The very last of the school days dragged on and I felt as if my shifts at Subway were going to last a lifetime. Even just staying at home, watching a movie. It still made the wait for Sydney seem so far away. 

It finally became time for I to board the plane, hugging my parents goodbye and hearing the last mumbles of my brother still complaining about me going to Sydney by myself, I headed towards the flight attendees at the desk.  

They take my ticket before scanning it and then allowing myself to find my seat. I take a seat but before getting comfortable, a girl wearing a Painkiller hoodie comes to sit next to me.

Coincidence.

I put in my headphone, allowing myself to zone out and start to watch the latest movie that was on Netflix as the plane started to leave. The flight wasn't too long so as the movie finished I looked out your window to see Sydney Harbour Bridge as well as the Opera House. 

The captain makes an announcement over the speakers after the plane lands and pulls into the airport. The seatbelt sign is turned off as everyone starts to get up and get their bags out. 

I started to walk off the plane as the line moves slowly and my heart races as I walk up the runway. I lift my head to see Ruel at the end of the runway, both of our smiles growing tremendously. My steps speed up as I finally reach him, being wrapped in his arms. 'I'm so glad you're here' he mumbles into the crook of my neck as I feel his grip tighten.

'Same. I missed you' I smile before pulling away from the hug, my arms still around his neck.

Our noses brush past each other as we stare at each other. 

Oh how I wanted to smash my lips into his right now. 

I felt massive butterflies as we both blush and smile but we were both brought back to reality from Nate speaking up. 'Ok. Sorry but Ruel, you need to head to the venue. April, you're going to the hotel, right?'

I nod as Ruel raises his eyebrows at me. 'You're not coming for sound check?' he seemed surprised but I thought I told him.

'I wanna spend time with Coco, we've been talking a lot and I want to see her. Plus, I want the concert to be a surprise' we both share a smile and blush as Ruel nods in understanding. 

Nate claps his hands together, making your head turn to him. 'Alright. Um guys...Keep whatever this is under wraps. We don't need questions being asked at Meet and Greet about this'

I smile and nod. I completely agree. 

I definitely wasn't ready for my life to turn upside down because I was now friends with Ruel. I had seen what had happened with his other friends, I wasn't exactly prepared for every moment with Ruel to be all over Instagram explore pages. I blush at him before leaving the airport and catching an Uber to the hotel.

I started to unpack my minimal clothes for the next day and then for the concert, putting them on the dresser when I hear a knock on the door. I open it to see Coco, embracing her in a hug. 'It's so good to finally see you again,' I say before pulling away from the hug and walking back to my suitcase

'Come to think of it, we never really met. I just knew you of 'the girl who Ruel has a crush on- shit' I awkwardly chuckle at her comment, ignoring the fact that Coco practically admitted Ruel liked me. 

I mean, I guess we were both getting the hint that we liked each other but I guess nothing was ever confirmed.

'Well, stuff it. You probably knew anyways right?' she shurgs before sitting on the bed.

'We hadn't actually said anything about that sort of thing but I was kinda getting the feeling' I explain, hanging up one of the tee shirts I had packed.

'So do you like him?' she asks, crossing her legs on the bed

'Are you trying to set us up, Coco?'

'You're already set up. I'm just trying to get the inside goss. Ruel never updates me with his girl drama anymore' she groans and I smile, understanding

'Well if you must know, yes. I do like him. A lot actually. I didn't expect to though' I finally admit out loud, avoiding her eye contact

'Yeah. That's cute though. I can't wait until you're my sister in law' she claps her hand and I face her from the dresser

'Coco, calm down. We haven't even admitted our feelings to each other.'

'Good point. Anyways, I'll pick you up at 5 for the concert. I'm going into the crowd with my friends so you can come if you want' she smiles before walking out of the room

'Sure, sounds great.'

I arrive at the venue after Coco giving me the lanyard with the VIP access on it, spotting Ruel side stage with a Nerf gun and coming up to me when he spots me. He wraps his long arms around my neck, pulling me into a hug and mumbling 'You look amazing tonight'

He kisses my head before pulling away. 'We are currently having a Nerf gun war battle going on. Take my gun, I'll find another one. Good luck'

I laugh as he runs off, looking for people around every corner. Coco and I quickly decide to team up and walk around the back of the building together. 

I hear a bunch of screams and then see Ruel come from an outside door with Joel following him with a camera in hand. Coco and I nod at each other before running at him, shooting the plastic foam bullets at him. 

He jumps at the shock and fights back running towards us and mainly shooting at Coco. He gets close enough to grab me, throwing me over his shoulder before running away from Coco into his dressing room. 'Ruel! Me and coco are on the same team!' I yell but he just laughs in response

'You're on my team now' I can't help but laugh as he closes the dressing room door and drops me on the lounge after carrying me for a while. 

He sits down next to me after putting your nerf guns away and he puts his arm around me. Leaning into him, I rest my head on his shoulder as he pulls you closer. 'I'm fucking tired from that already'

'Do you do that before every concert?' I ask but he shakes his head

'Not usually. This venue is pretty big so why not, you know?' I chuckle at him as he runs his hand through his growing hair

'You need a haircut' I point out but he rolls his eyes

'I just got one! Jeez, what is it with everyone and my hair' he groans and I can't help but smile

'I'm kidding! It's gorgeous' I say and he turns his head to me

'Like you' he mumbles as I hated that I blushed but he smiles at his cheesy line. 

I look to his eyes and then to his lips. We both feel as our heads lean in ever so slowly but before there was any contact, we hear the door open. 'We surrender!' Ruel quickly yells to Nate standing in the doorway. 

Nate rolls his eyes. 'I'm not even playing mate. Anyway, sorry April but Ruel has to warmup'

'All good' Ruel kisses my cheek and I feel myself turn red

'See you after the show' he smiles before jogging out of the room

'Good luck'