Chapter Twenty Nine

APRIL'S POV

As Ruel pulled up to his house, I soon realised that I had never actually been here, it was a nice house and very spacious. I went upstairs, past the rest of the family having a New Years party and go into his room.

'Um. Are you sure about this?'

'What do you mean?' he asks, dropping his bag and I fiddle with my fingers.

'Sleeping in the same bed...' I mumble, knowing that we had done it before but this time felt different.

'If you really don't want to, you can sleep in Coco's room' he suggests but I shake the worries out of my head.

'Oh, no. It's just...Never-mind'

'OK.' he takes his shirt off and climbs into the bed with his arm open next to him

'Um. I'm going to get changed into my pyjamas.' he nods as I go into his bathroom to change into a tee shirt and shorts. 

I drop my bag next to his door and climb into bed with him. He pulls me into his chest and I drape my arm across his chest. I lift my head up to see him staring down at me as he gives me a smile and kisses my head, 'I love you.' he whispers and I break into a small smile.

'I love you too' he leans down to kiss my lips and I am pulled on top of his body. His arms rest on my back as my hands rest on the side of the pillows. He continues to kiss my lips but I finally pull away, 'Um. I'm kinda tired' I lie but he nods and I go back to my position with my head in the crook of his neck.

I started waking up to the creaking of his door breaking open. 'Morning guys. There's pancakes downstairs if you want' Ralph says as I wince awake to the sun breaking through Ruel's blinds as Ruel sits up next to me.

'Morning' his morning voice says as I smile and sit up before he gives me a peck on the lips. 

I climb out of bed before Ruel follows you downstairs. As I come downstairs I see the whole family in the kitchen. They all instantly look between Ruel and I who was still shirtless next to me.

'Um. I'm going to go to the bathroom...'I smile at Ruel before walking down the hallway to the shared bathroom

RUEL'S POV

I wait for her to close the bathroom door to speak, 'OK. Hit me with it. Tell me that's I'm making a mistake. Tell me that I deserve better. Tell me that April isn't a good girlfriend'

'I don't know about you guys but I'm on Ruel's side for this. I understand why April did it' Coco says and Sylvie nods.

'Yeah. I would've done it as well. Losing your best friend sucks. I understand why she couldn't be in a relationship. She's good in my books'

'Thanks...Mum, dad?' I look over to them

'Honey. You know I love y/n to death and I know you do too. If you want to keep going with her. You're 17, you can make your decisions by yourself.' my mum says and I look to my dad.

'Yeah, whatever the girls said' I smile as April comes out of the bathroom. 

I grab two plates of pancakes and walk upstairs with April behind me

'Are you sure about this?' she asks as we reach my bedroom.

'About pancakes? Yeah, I mean. My mum makes pretty good ones..' 

'No, I mean. Us' I sigh and put down the pancakes on my bed.

'What are you talking about? You don't want to be together again?' I ask worried but she shakes her head immediatly.

'Of course I do Ruel. You do though? I don't want to force you into an unhealthy and one way relationship just because I've suddenly moved here. You don't deserve me Ruel. I broke your heart, how are you ever going to forgive me. I just left you! With a note. Like, why am I even here?'

'April... Please don't talk about yourself like this'

'Ruel. Are you sure about this?' she asks.

'100%' I stand close to take her hands in mine and lean in to give her a slow and warm kiss, 'I'm going all in if you are'