Chapter Six

APRIL'S POV

I woke up in my own bed, already feeling the smile growing on my face from the memories that happened the night before. 

The way the conversation flowed, even if it was mostly his doing, but now I felt as if we didn't have anything not to say to each other. He gave me guilty butterflies all over when he made a joke and the way I could imagine the way we were looking at each other. I was smitten as. 

I rolled over to grab your phone and my smile grows even more to see a notification from Ruel

oneruel: hey. i miss you already x

I quickly reply with 'same' and then put my phone back on my table before going downstairs to ask your parents about the Sydney show. This was more nerve wrecking than going to last nights show.

My dad sat at the kitchen island while reading the newspaper while your mum chopped up watermelon on the bench. 'Hey honey. How was the concert? Sorry, we were both asleep when you got home' my mum says as she looks up from the counter. 

'It was amazing. Ruel actually took Luna and I backstage' I mumble the last part, nervous on how they were going to react. 

'Really? Isn't he the headliner?' my dad speaks, looking confused. 

'Yeah. We've actually been texting since the pop-up shop so he brought us backstage so we could talk in real life' I quickly explained with both of your parents still looking confused

'Why do I not believe this?' 

'Trust me mum, neither do I but it happened and he...um...asked me if I would want to go to his Sydney show' I say shyly, looking at my dad first knowing that he would have a sweet spot for me. 

'And you would think that we are going to let our 16 year old just go to Sydney with a boy we've never met?' 

Ugh, damn it. This was going to be a bad message to send to Ruel. 

'Dad, please. I actually really like him and it's a once in a lifetime-'

'I'm kidding. Of course, you can go. Right Mads?' I turn to my mum with hopeful eyes as she sighs.

'Yeah of course. What's the date of the concert?' she asks and I burst into an excited smile and hold myself back from jumping up and down. 

'October 3rd'

She nods and I clap my hands together 'I don't see why not. You're on school holidays so as long as you're home before school starts I don't see the problem'

'He's ugly as. I don't see why you want to date him' my younger brother appears from around the corner and I just roll my eyes in response. 

He was definitely listening to the whole conversation

'Shut up. He's better looking than you.' I fight back.

My dad walks past me, giving me a high five on the way for the burn on my brother. Not to pick favourites but you were always a daddy's girl since you were born.

'And about the school thing, he's going to the US after the Australian leg of the tour so I'll be back before school unless he invited me, but I doubt he would.' I continue on, hoping this information would help my case. 

'Well if Sydney went well then I guess we couldn't say no to America as well.' my mum mumbled, avoiding eye contact with my dad, knowing he probably wouldn't like this idea my mum had put out.

'Seriously? Would you actually let me go if he invited me?' my mouth drops open. 

What if he did?

'Like we said, we long as you were back in Melbourne before school starts, it should be ok' my dad focuses back on the newspaper before I wrap them both in a big hug and thank the countless times for letting me go. 

I rush upstairs to message Ruel and to let him know what my parents said. I was getting really excited about the comment about America but quickly brushed it away since I knew he wouldn't bring me to America.

Right?

I smile at your phone and immediately FaceTime Luna, knowing she would be too excited for this news as I was. She answers as she shoves a piece of avocado toast into her mouth. 'What? I'm eating here'

'Good morning to you too' I mumble as she swallows her food

'Sorry, I'm just hangry. What's up?' she responds, taking a big sip of her water bottle

'Guess who's going to his Sydney show!!? I'm so happy!' I spill out and her mouth drops open

'Wait, what? You're gonna make me choke on my toast' she wipes her mouth and I smile uncontrollably. 

'He invited me last night and my parents said yes this morning! It's like everything is falling into place. I'm so excited and happy. I think I actually might be catching feelings...This is scary. How fast I'm falling for him- Oh, I'm sorry. Please don't be mad at me. I'm just-'

'So happy. I get it' she says as I pick up a slightly sarcastic tone

'Sorry...Are you mad at me?' I didn't know what I was apologizing for but I could tell she was mad or upset, so I felt like it was needed

'Why would I be mad that my best friend is pretty much dating my celebrity crush of two years? Not to mention that you've only been to one of his concerts, I've been to 4. One I even went to Sydney for'

'Luna. I'm sorry-' I start to apologize for an unknown reason but Luna hangs up suddenly and I let out a sigh. 

Hopefully you could fix this tomorrow at the movie and she had cooled off.