Hell is where home is

I packed my bag and stepped out of the library. What time is it? I lost track of time when I'm in the library. I look at the clock tower. 5 o'clock. Time for dinner. I run through the corners of the city, faster at each turn. With this speed, I'll arrive before the devil. I ran and ran, speeding up and jumping up on ledges to get some boosts. Freeze. I hear... I hear running footsteps behind me. I hurriedly turned into a tighter corner, hiding in order to see who was stalking me. A heard the beating of footsteps getting louder and louder, faster than ever. Then, it dashed pass me. Busily searching for something. And there were 2 things I spotted. First, the person was searching for me, and two, that person is Lucifer. 

    I immediately come out of my hiding spot, chasing him. I worked on this for my whole entire life. I worked on going fast, silent, and sly like a fox. Perfect for a chase. I bolt into a high speed, jumping on bricks that stuck out of 2 old 2 storied houses, going parallel. I used each brick as a stair, until I nearly reached the rooftops. 2 stories high. I haven't been this high up. I jump to the rooftops of a house across, knowing that if I slipped, my life would end right there. Wind slipped through my hair as my ears ringed softly. I crash onto the roof, quickly getting back on my feet. I knew that sound would scare Lucifer away, but I can't let him go away. I knew how far this roof was going. 

    Far enough to catch Lucifer. I run as fast as I can, getting ready to throw my backpack, crashing on Lucifer. I caught him taking a turn. "Now!" I scream, as my backpack flew out of my hands and miraculously landed on top of him. I jumped off from brick to brick again before Lucifer could escape, and in a few seconds, he was in my hands. "I knew something was weird!" I say to myself, glaring at him. He stood up groggily, picking up my backpack with him. I brush the dust off of it and said to him, "Why'd you follow me?" "I didn't!" "Oh please, who wouldn't be suspicious when a boy walked up to a girl and says, 'Let's make a study tip chart.'" "I was meaning that for real! I need to study!" 

    "So did I!" "Look, I really didn't follow you." "Well, was it all a coincidence?" "Yeah." He replies, dashing off. I glare for a second and then dash off too, wishing that the devil didn't arrive yet.